chapter 6

Scarlett stands there, hoping the men don't recognize her. Alastair steps forward. "Scarlett, was it? "
"Yes,"she replies, getting uncomfortable with how close he's getting.
"I've seen you before." Alastair said.
"No, you haven't... I've never seen you a day in my life." Scarlett replies.
Azael interjects. "No, i think we have."
Scarlett starts to panic but keeps a cool exterior. Azael starts to get closer. "We saw you at the mo -" he gets cut off by a punch to his jaw. Alastair stares at her before advancing on her. She delivers a sharp kick to his shins. He staggers back before advancing again. Azael gets up and starts towards her.
Azael lunges and pins her to the wall. She brings her feet against his chest and kicks back. He stumbles backward and and she falls to her feet. Alastair pins her to the wall with one arm at her neck. She tilts her head down and bites him hard. He yelps out in pain and falls back. Azael stands up, rage in his eyes. He runs at her and tries to punch her. She grabs his wrist right before it makes contact with her jaw.
"Let go of me," Azael threatens.
"Why would I do th -" she says as Alastair picks her up from behind, forcing her to let go of Azaels wrist. Alastair holds her tight as she struggles. Azael walks up and once again tries to punch her. In one fluid motion, she delivers a sharp kick to Azaels gut and one to Alastairs shins. Azael stumbles backward, and Alastair drops her. She immediately stands up, ready in case they try to come at her again. Alastair is the first to recover as he lunges at her, but she moves out of the way, and he falls on his face. He stands up and slowly starts towards her. She hooks her foot behind his ankle and pulls him down. Azael stands up and lunges, causing her to fall. He grabs the knife off the desk and starts trying to stab her. She pulls her knees up to her chest and places her feet on his chest. She pushes up with her feet and sends him backward. Scarlett scrambles up to her feet, panting for air. Alastair finally recovers and starts towards her. She lunges for the knife on the floor and wields it against Alastair.
"You won't stab me," Alastair says. "You're just a weak little girl."
Rage courses through her as Alastair starts towards her. She grips the hilt of the knife tightly. As he nears, she flips the knife upside down.
As he closes in, she says, "You're right i won't stab you. I'll do this," she brings the hilt of the knife to his forehead, hard. A small flow of blood trickles down his face as he stumbles backward. Azael leaps forward, and she flips the knife around so the blade is facing him. "But i could stab you," she said.
"You wouldn't dare." Azael closes in on her. Once he gets close enough, she stabs his leg.
"Oh, i would." She says as he cries out in pain.
"What is the meaning of this." Cries a feminine voice from the doorway.
Scarlett turns to see Thora and Maximilian in the doorway.
"You know," Max says. "That doesn't really help your case."