back and forth

[Noel's POV]

Third day of school, I'm getting warmed back up to the slurs. I've basically become immune to them, but most of the time I don't even think they're real. They're just spouting nonsense at the gay kid because they can. It isn't my fault they can't express sexuality properly. Seriously, you should see the "straight" boys. They're pretending to have sex just behind me on the bus.

I run into Constance on my way into the school. "Hey Noel! Big night tonight." she says. "Yup, Mischa getting drunk while we play spin the bottle, huge." I say sarcastically. She laughs then goes dead silent.

I've heard of Constance before, just from words around the school. She's usually associated with "nice" or "caring". I feel bad for the girl, Ocean basically treats her like dog shit she stepped in. 

"It's at your house? Where's that supposed to be?" I ask. I would prefer to know where I'm going when im sleeping over. "Oh right!! Here I'll write it down for you. Uh.." she looks for a pen in her bag and accidentally bumps into someone while she's looking. "Watch it!" they yell then walk away. I could hear a faint "bitch." while they were talking to their friends. "Sorry!" She yells back but they're already gone. She turns back to me with a pen and laughs, embarrassed.

While parting ways, she gives me the note with her address on it. "Talk to you at lunch!" She waves goodbye, I wave back. I cant see her anymore so I walk to my first class. I have the alcoholic in my first period, so that's always interesting. He's gotten caught on his phone many times, and it's only the third fucking day of school.

Know that I think about it,  be's been in some of my classes the previous years, but he didn't talk at all, he was just on his phone. To be honest, I didn't know the fucker had a name. We're doing class work and he goes, "psst." do people actually do that? I thought that was only in books or some shit. I look over and he passes me a note. 

whats the answer to 12

Oh, great.

why should I tell you?

I pass it back.

He gives it back.

bc I need it

this fucker can't even take the time to spell 'because'?

no. <3

I pass it to him.

He passes it to me.

PLEASE.

I almost audibly sigh but then I remember we're in a silent classroom. 

fine. It's 776cm. Can't you just use your phone? You have it out every two fucking seconds.

he opens it and smiles. "thanks" he mouths. I just roll my eyes and go back to my work. I would rather not have homework over the weekend, especially if I'm going to have a sleepover. I don't even know them this well yet I'm staying over at someone's house while we probably play cops and robbers in their backyard, drunk. Well, probably only Mischa. But still.

he passes the note back to me.

cause idfk how to do this shit

maybe if he'd stop sexting in the middle of math class that would help.

it shows.

my dry response was a hint to stop talking to me. He gives me an annoyed look and goes back to "doing" his work. I should've just given him the wrong answer.

(570 words!! sorry if these chapters are short lol)