‎𐙚𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Raindrops felt like a sting bite of mosquito as it dropped mercilessly on my uniform

Raindrops felt like a sting bite of mosquito as it dropped mercilessly on my uniform. The sudden rainfall caused chaos within the crowd of high-schoolers; I was one of them.

I hate rain not because I have some traumatic backstory related to it like they show in novels or dramas but I just hate it for no reason. Or maybe I do have a reason!

I don't like the puddles of mud, I don't like those damp roads that ruins my new collection of converse high. Not like I'm a big fan of it but I do have excuses more than reasons. I hate rain for no reaons. Yeah, it is what it is! The conclusion.

I held up my back upon my head doing a fail attempt of protecting myself from getting soaked. I ran between the crowds of umbrellas and raincoats,my shoulder brushing against stranger's damp clothes giving me the feeling of 'icks'.

I reached the bus stop finally. I brushed my hands upon my uniform trying to get rid of soakness.

"Excuse me, when would bus no. 56 will arrive?," I asked a boy wearing as same as highschool uniform like me.

"Bus no. 56? It already left," he said and a pang of irritation flooded through my veins.

I had no options left but to walk home in this heavy rain. Today isn't really my day at all!

My footsteps left the bus stop and I ran towards a shortcut alleyway. The damping footpath and the shower of raindrops were successfully ruining my uniform and converse.

"Damn it! Seems like it won't stop anytime soon," I cussed at the rain and spotted a bookstore across the streets.

When did aunt Liang came back from her village trip?

I crossed the road and stepped inside the bookstore before glancing at the old board where it was written,

LIANG BOOKSTORE AND STUDY CORNER

I ruffled my wet strands of black hair and greeted aunt Liang with a smile. A smile of surprise and shock greeted on Aunt Liang's face.

"Zixuan!?" She called out my name while covering her mouth with her palm. I mimicked her movements and called out back,"Aunt Liang!?"

She chuckled and got up from her receptionist seat walking towards me. My body felt a warmth of cherish as she hugged me wholeheartedly.

"I'm soaked aunt," I tried to maintain distance as soon as I realised that my clothes are wet and dirty. I'm already dirtying her place, I can't ruin her clothes as well.

She smacked my head lightly with a glare,"So what? I don't care."

"Yeah,yeah. Surprisingly,I have my PE uniform in my bag. Mind if I change it here? I know it's kinda weird but I can't see any person around," I looked around and requested her with a pleading look. I can't stay calm inside those soaked clothes.