PAGE THREE - ACT I

COVENIENT INCOVENTIONS || PART I

⩇⩇:⩇3

        "Feels like I've been roped into child labor." [Name] rolled her eyes, standing next to the towering pale woman who was now her temporary boss in the shop. "Hey, kiddo, you're crashing at my place, so a little work 'round here won't hurt, right?"

     "I want my lawyer!" burst out [Name], to which Eda shot back, "Well, guess what? You've just officially joined the bad guys club."

     Luz zoomed towards the stall just in time, with a couple of other witches in tow, flyer in hand. She was practically bouncing off the pavement ground as she shouted, "Eda! There's a Covention! It's the annual one! We just gotta go!!"

     Eda's face contorted into a tight scowl as she snatched the flyer from the overly-excited human. She scoffed, “No way, absolutely not. We have responsibilities here, namely this shop. And plus, I never joined a coven, I—of course—had my reasons. You'd be surrendering your magical autonomy to become a cog in a deeply flawed and corrupt system made up of a bunch of idiots.”

     Eda paused, her gaze landing on the two other witches who looked back at her with visible disgruntlement. "No judgement though," she quickly added, crossing her arms defensively. Her eyes turned distant, a thoughtful expression painting her features. "And besides, we haven't attended one of these since we were kids," she mused, her voice laced with a hint of reluctance.

     “We? Who's we!? Holy heck you have a mysterious past!” Luz immediately jumped into the thought, “We gotta go now!—” “No.”

     “I vote we go.” [Name] interjected, Eda shot her a glare “You don't have a say in this, six eyes.” Eda continued to be stubborn, Luz sighed “You leave me no choice.” As if scripted, King started to read aloud from Luz’s Azura book. It earned an annoyed eyetwitch from Eda, as she grabbed her portal and tried to walk out,

     Before the door could fold shut [Name] grabbed king by the skull and chucked him into the opening, Eda immediately walked back out shouting; “Okay! Okay! Fine, we can go!”