37. FINDING THE SPARK

Sorry for the delay guys,
I was a bit busy.
Here's the next chapter,
Don't forget to comment and vote.
Happy reading ❤️!

Anushka came out after the bath and saw Virat playing with Ved on bed. It was the most adorable sight for her. Whenever he was with Ved, there was a glimpse of old Virat in him. She went and sat beside them.

Ved suddenly looked at her and extended his arms to be picked. Virat looked at her and back to him suspiciously. There was a connection between them in so little time.

She held his tiny arms and gave a kiss. But Ved started crying again looking at her. By now, she understood that he wants to be picked. She gently picked him up. The moment she did it, his cries subsided.

"Achha..ab papa ko bhool gye?" He asked with a frown. Ved started giggling at him. Anushka had a bright smile on her face.

"Come here" Virat extended his arms to get him. But Ved immediately turned around and laid his head on Anushka's shoulders.

"Oh..ok, ..I get it" Virat nodded his head like he was betrayed. Anushka was chuckling at his reaction.

Ved was looking very sleepy. Anushka patted him and swaddled him in her arms to sleep. She laid him in the craddle and went to bed. Even though Virat pretended that he was jealous, in reality he was quite happy and content that the baby was getting what he actually needed.

Virat was looking at the ceiling and laying on the bed. Anushka slowly slid inside the blanket and got closer to him. Her hands were on his chest and head on his shoulder. He didn't budge.

Anushka was thinking of the ways he would get out of this bubble he had created. She thought of trying different ways she can break it.

"Virat, why don't you go join the team, you look very down" she broke the silence.

"Hmm. I think I should go. I'll be leaving in a week. It's a home tour this time against Sri Lanka. So I'll be able to visit you, if you want" he agreed to her.

"Can I come with you?" She asked slowly. There was a silence.

"Anu, why don't you do some movie as well. It's been so long. Your fans will be missing you" he tried to change the topic.

"You are more important to me than my fans" she said instantly without a doubt.

"I didn't mean that..., how long are you going to sit idle. You'll have to start working some day" he tried to reason.

"Virat, my body is still recovering. I can't sign a movie right now. But I have agreed for some ads" she said.

"That's great, atleast you'll get out of this suffocating environment" he said turning around to her side.

"Now, can I come with you?" She asked again. He was reluctant to answer.

"I ...uhm...don't think that will be a good idea. The media will pounce on you with questions. And as you said, you are stills recovering. You wouldn't want it right now " he answered.

"But we have to go out some day Virat. And I don't mind if they ask me questions. I'm not going to answer and you are there with me. I'm sure you will handle it if it becomes too much" she said looking at him with assurance.

No matter what exists between them, He could never deny those eyes. She was looking at him for a positive response.

"Ok" he mumbled.

"Huh?"

"You can come" he cleared. Her face glimmered with that bright smile. She hugged him tightly.

"Thank you" she said burying her face in his chest. He patted her gently on her back.