21. THE URGE TO MEET

As I already said, I'm skipping the marriage plot. So they are married already.
They have bought a new house in Mumbai

2 months after marriage

Virat POV

It's been 2 months since the marriage, and I have only met her for 5 days since that. She accompanied me to South Africa for the test series for 5 days and then she left for Europe as part of the shoot.

I just came back from South Africa after the long series. And the house feels suffocating without her. She said she'll come in a week's time.

I was excited to meet her after so long. The irony is that we got married so that we could stay with each other all the time. Yet we are so far away.

Phone rings

"Virat, our shoot is extended for another month, I won't be able to come. Since the director wasn't available, we have a lot of pending work" she says.

"What! A month? Anu what are you saying. It's been so long we've met. And you know I was looking forward to spending time with you" I was disappointed.

"I too miss you bub, but what can I do, I'm sorry" she apologized.

"Anu after 2 weeks, I'm going to the West Indies for tour. How will I meet you" I was getting restless. Now my patience for one week was also going off.

"It's ok Virat, I'll come there directly. We will definitely meet " she tried to make me understand.

"But I want to spend time with you at home. You know right, we've never lived here since marriage " I tried to convince her one more time.

"I'm sorry, look I'll -, Virat?" I cut the call, I was angry and sad at the same time.

I didn't wanted to react like this, but I felt betrayed.

Third person POV

Anushka tried to call him several times after that, but he wasn't picking. He had put his phone on silent and slept.

She first felt bad but she later realised how much she's missing him too. She tried to find some way out. She asked the team for 5 days off and she'll join again.

She thought of surprising him before she goes. She booked the flight for the next day and asked Bunty to take him to airport by making some excuse.

She also decided to sent some flowers online. Even though it's unconventional to send flowers to men, but who would hate flowers, she thought.

Next day

The bell rings at Virat's residence in the morning. He opens the door and finds no one there. There was a bouquet of red roses and a note kept on the floor.

 There was a bouquet of red roses and a note kept on the floor