41. ONE TOO MANY

Hey fam,
Here's the next update.
Don't forget to vote and comment.
Happy reading ❤️ !

The party was like any other party. Although there were some formal speeches about the new branch in the beginning, the rest of it was fun.

There was singing and dancing. Virat was for some reason not interested in it. Attending a party brought back the old traumatic memories of his last party where he came home drunk and destroyed his life.

He could never imagine something happening like that again. He sat there and enjoyed. Anushka on the other hand was dancing with everyone else. She knew the reason why he stayed away from partying and she respected that.

But she loved to have a drink occasionally and get lost from the world. She believed whatever happens, he was there to handle her. So, that gave her more freedom to enjoy herself. And this was with the family, so she didn't have much to worry about.

His sister and bhabhi too had a little bit of drinks. But they stop in a shot or two. But when Anushka starts, she sometimes have the stronger ones and then have more of it without control. Virat failed to notice it in the dark disco room.

He was genuinely tired due to the travel, otherwise he would've atleast joined for the dance. He was still irritated with her reaction. He didn't expect her to push him away like that. That made him not talk to her during the party.

He went out to make a call to his mom. He wanted to ensure Ved was fine. She told him that he was playing with Aarav. He was relieved and he went back inside.

Anushka's dancing intensified. The alcohol was really kicking in. Her hair was bouncing up and down while jumping. Virat was keenly observing her, he has never seen her so energetic in recent times. She suddenly tripped and her ankle sprained.

Virat noticed it and he got up from the chair. She saw her limping towards a table in pain. Others didn't notice as it was crowded there. He went through the dancing crowd to the other side.

He saw her sitting there holding the ankle. Her head was also falling as if she was sleepy. He went and crouched down in front of her.

"Anu are you okay!?" He shouted in between the loud music. She was startled from her sleep and looked at him with a frown.

"Tum jaao! Don't come near me" she shooed him away with his hands. With that he was sure that she's drunk.

"Peir dikhaao" he asked and tried moving her ankle.

"Aaahhhh!" She screamed and slapped his hands away.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, IT'S PAINING" She shouted at him. Tears started to roll down her eyes

Even though they were literally shouting at each other, no one would've noticed it with the loud music in the background.

"Come out, we'll go to the car and apply something on it" he offered his hand.

"NO, YOU GO AWAY. YOU ALWAYS SCOLD ME" she sobbed with her quivering lips.

"I'm not scolding you, love. Look at your legs, you have sprained it. That's why I'm asking you to come" he tried to make her understand.

"But I want to dance. Look there, di , bhabhi all are dancing. Why are you not calling them, why are you always calling me ? I'll come when they come" she was adamant and sat there cutely folding her hands. Virat wondered, is she the mother of a kid or a kid herself.

"Baby, look at your foot. How are you gonna dance with this. You will strain it more and you'll aggravate your wound. That's why I'm asking you to come, they'll come after sometime okay?" He persuaded holding her arms.