31. A NEW WORLD

Hi all, welcome back ❤️
My exams are over, so here is the most awaited chapter.
Please leave inline comments if possible.

After 14 months.....

Bangalore

Virat just returned from his practice session and got into his room. There was a weird silence. As he glanced around, his baby was soundly asleep in his crib. He tiptoed towards the crib and saw the cutie pie sleeping with a little frown on his face. He was the only ray of hope in his dark life.

He chuckled under his breath. Even though he was a boy, he looked a lot like his mom. Day by day, the resemblance was growing. The thought gave him an eerie feeling inside him.

"Anita, when did he sleep" Virat asked the nanny who was sitting on the balcony. She quickly came out.

"Sir, just 10 minutes ago" she said.

Virat took a bath and sat down on the bed with a cup of tea. IPL was going on, and his team wasn't doing well. Every year , he used to worry about this. But this time , he was almost numb about it. He felt like those things were nothing in front of what he was going through.

Just when he was in a muse, there was a knock on the door. As expected, It was Nisha. She was looking exhausted because of the heat. She went in and drank a glass of water. After that she went near Ved, she kissed his forehead softly so that he doesn't wake up.

Virat was observing all these, but mentally he was in a different world. Nisha came and snapped her fingers infront of his eyes. He suddenly looked up to her.

"What?" He asked with a straight face.

She sat beside him and kept her hand on his shoulder. "Virat, how long will you stay sad. You need to open up. I can spot some grey beard. Every time you suppress your tears, one of your beard turned grey " she said pointing to his beard.

Virat was someone who showed his emotions to the world. Whether he had to cry or laugh out loud. But things had taken a ridiculous turn a year ago. He no more possess any emotions. He had only one neutral face. Only time you can spot the old Virat is when he plays with Ved.

"Nisha, when will I ever get back my peace....my life.?" He asked in a monotonous voice.

She didn't utter anything so that he keeps speaking.

"What did I do that day? I was living a nice life, but just for satisfying my ego for a few minutes, I uttered things which I didn't even do" he said with a shaking voice.

"I regret everything which happened that day. And it will stay with me forever. The biggest sin I ever commited in my life. I broke a beautiful relationship, I destroyed someone's life, I separated a baby from it's mother. Is there anything worse I could do?" he turned to her with tears threatening to fall from his eyes. But they never left. They stayed there, in his control.

"You know Nisha, I never signed those papers. I don't know why that bloody Bunty did this to us. I trusted him like my own family. Still he did all these to gain some profits for his company?" He said looking outside.

Nisha froze, she knew that Virat confronted Bunty and kicked him out of his life but now he was saying something which was very close to the truth. She still regrets everyday for the decision she took by obeying Rohan. But things will only get worse once Virat comes to know about their truth.

In the past one year, she was the only support he had outside his own family. Their friendship got stronger as she was always a shoulder to cry on. He felt better after he shared some of his worries with her.