Flashback1- the farewell memories

The throbbing headache brought the past along with it. Karishma felt like the room was spinning and closed her eyes as memories flooded her mind and soul. She closed her eyes, inhaled and exhaled deeply thinking it would help her calm down but there was no change,

Flashback

It was the first exam of their 10th board, Karishma was walking towards the children's play area where they were asked to assemble for an organized mobility towards the buses that would take them to the examination center. Karishma entered the bus as soon as she could and grabbed her favourite seat, the window seat of a three seater in the middle of the bus. She kept her bag on the seat and outstretched her hand knowing that no one would want to sit next to her due to all the rumors that were spread in grade 9 and after whatever happened between her and Rahul the situation escalated further. Her only present friends lived in a different part of the city closer to the examination center and were directly picked up and dropped by their parents. She took out her book and started revising and recollecting all the formulas that were required for the overhyped math board exam. In a while she saw her classmates Neerav and Rahul standing near her seat and it was very obvious that all the other seats have been occupied other than her seat. She made space for them and urged Neerav to let Rahul sit next to her which he clearly understood. Neerav wasn't exactly her friend but he knew that it was a pious task to reunite close friends who have fought over something silly and are dragging it for a long time. Rahul understanding this huffed and made way to the teachers seat sitting over there clearly showing his disappointment with Neerav. Neerav shrugged and had an awkward smile on his face as he sat next to Karishma. The teacher in charge on seeing Rahul sitting in her seat gave him a few scoldings and Rahul made his way to the seat where Karishma and Neerav were sitting. The looked at each other, Karishma eyes clearly indicated sadness meanwhile his showed nothing but rage and disgust. She choked slightly as tears made their way out of her eyes and continued revising everything.

Rahul and Karishma always shared an eye lock for a brief moment of time on all the days of exams each day holding different emotions in their eyes.

-----------

It was the day for informal Farwell and the party had been organized in a restro-bar with few parents as supervisors and strict no-alcohol protocol. Karishma made her entry into the venue along with her friends, their entire group seemed as the definition of beauty with decency to Rahul and few members in the gang, during the era when everyone wore revealing clothes, they decided to wear something decent yet eye catching. Rahul was definitely taken aback by Karishma's look, thick eyeliners, pink blush, red and bold lips, a black choker, a white cute mickey mouse crop top saying hello sunshine, a high waist black pant, a regal belt, a black jacket to not reveal her body even in case it gets revealed, a white sling bag and black shoes, everything seeming like they have been made so that Karishma could adorn them. The O shaped mouth on Rahul's face did not go unnoticed by Karishma or her friends who teased her thinking it would cheer her up. The party was on, the music was loud, the dance floor was filled and yet Karishma screamed her lungs out while singing the songs playing in the background, while everyone thought she was madly and crazily enjoying only she knew it was a way to get rid of the bottled up emotions and feelings of the past few months.

----------------

It was officially the last day their batch would remain the present batch on 10th grade before it gets disintegrated, it was the day of their farewell, the formal farewell, the day where they meet their teachers and friends for the last time together before embarking on a new journey filled with new people. Karishma, Alia, Anjali, Swetha and a few other girls from the even roll numbers of grade 10b were called on the stage meanwhile, the boys of even roll number Rahul, Neerav, Raj and 3 others were called on the stage. It was a dance competition which was boys vs girls and the girls knew it was unfair when they were asked to do western moves despite being dressed in sarees and heels, they said nothing taking it sportily and enjoying their last day together. Rahul and Karishma were paired against each other and were giving each other a tough competition. During one of her moves Karishma twisted her ankle and winced in pain gaining the attention of everyone primarily Rahul who held concern in his eyes but did not take a step further. The results turned out in the Favour of the boys each receiving a gift, while the girls had a smile on the. Karishma was seated in the first round table (That belonged to Rahul's group) by the teachers making the entire event awkward for both of them as they caught each other having glimpses of one another.

-----------------