37. plans

"Yo!" Niki said as I walked into the room. I closed the door quickly behind me. "shht... Sunghoon will hear you!" I said as I started to push him toward the closet afraid of what would happen if Sunghoon found out. "worried your boyfriend will find out I'm alive?" He asked jokingly. I rolled my eyes at him as I kept pushing him toward the door of the closet. "He isn't my boyfriend." Niki was starting to act like my brother. Especially when he starts teasing me about boys.

"Yet." He smiled down at me as he let me push him back "Fine," He laughed and turned around. "I'll leave. Come and find me when you're done?" I nodded as I put my hand on the outside of my pocket. Luckily the box was still in there. I actually kind of forgot I had to bring it with me.

I realised I hadn't been able to tell him about Mom yet, which made me very sad. It also made me feel guilty because he deserves to know sooner. "Why are you staring at the closet?" Sunghoon asked as he entered the room. Raising an eyebrow as I looked at him. "I uh, thought I forgot something, but I think I already took it back to the estate last time I was here." I tried to smile as if I didn't just lie to him and walk off to the bed.

"Okay, show me," Jay said. I showed him my leg as I looked around uncomfortably. It would be a huge lie if I told you my leg was doing better. on the contrary, I had a feeling it was getting worse. It was itching and hurting more than before, making me feel scared about today's outcome. What if Jay was going to tell me I was going to die?

I didn't want to die yet. I've been doing everything I can to make sure the wound is getting better. Jay suggested we should check up on the wound every week to make sure the tissue doesn't go any deeper into the skin. "I'm not going to lie, I thought it was going to be worse," Jay said. That's not very comforting. "But seeing the redness underneath has started to dry up, it means your wound is healing." He said as he smiled up at me. I gave him a relieved smile as I let out a stressful sigh. "Thank god." He grabbed a notepad and started to write some stuff down.

"It's important you keep taking care of the wound the way you have been doing for the last couple of days." I nodded up at him. I wasn't planning on doing anything else, to be honest. I was way too scared of the infection getting worse so I agreed with him and waited for a sign to go home. Or to maybe have some time with Niki. "You guys, I'm not feeling well. Is it okay for me to lie down a sec?" I looked at Jay hoping he'd understand what I was trying to say.

I laid back onto the bed and I closed my eyes. Trying to act as if I was feeling sick. I have to say, this kind of feels like back in the day when I would act sick to get my mom to call me in sick at school. "I'll stay with her, "Sunghoon said as he grabbed my hand softly trying to make me feel better. If I wasn't concentrating on acting sick, I probably would've blushed like crazy. "It's probably a side effect from the antibiotics. Best to leave her alone for a bit." Jay lied. Thank you, Jay. I owe you for this one.

"Oh, okay." I could hear Sunghoon getting up as he placed a kiss on the top of my head. "Take as long as you need." He whispers before getting out of the room with Jay. I didn't open my eyes until I heard the door close. I shot up out of bed and tiptoed toward the closet. As I opened it Niki already ran out. "Bro, you are so in love." He laughed as he pulled me down to sit on the floor with him. I sat down next to him as he grabbed his game of Uno. "I'm not in the mood to play Uno, Niki," I said as I looked at him. Hoping he'd understand my urgent tone.

"oh, oh, sounds serious. Did you tell anyone I'm still... You know, alive?" I shook my head as I looked up at him. "What? No! I would never." I said as I put my hands in the air in defence. "Then why are you being this serious all of a sudden?" He raised his eyebrow as he looked at me as he dropped his cards to the floor. I tried to keep making eye contact with him but it was hard. I don't know if I was going to be able to tell him what happened.