12.

𝑹𝑬𝒀𝑨𝑵𝑺𝑯'𝑺 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
She stood two steps away from me and the photographer threw a weird look. "Ma'am, Can you get a little closer to Sir?" She shifted a little towards me.

"A little bit more" The photographer gestures. Instead of rolling my eyes, I smiled at him. "All right, I am going to take a picture now" It gives me school vibes.

The day when I was done with school and we had to take a batch photo for memories I was standing like this with no smile on my face.

I wrapped my hand around her waist and pulled her towards myself, making her bump into my chest. Her hand landed on my chest to balance and I glared at her hand and then at her.

"Perfect" The photographer said and we heard a clicking sound. "What are you doing?" She whispered.

"The Paparazzi are looking at us, only if my dear wife doesn't want another gossip about us, let's pretend like we're good. sweet. couple. Shall we?" I whisper back.

We came home late at night. When I entered the room I saw Arya drinking water, she was startled when she saw me. What the hell is wrong with her why is she behaving so wired? "What is wrong with you?" I asked her calmly "Noth...nothing" she answered.

I know she was lying but I didn't ask her further and walked towards the bed only to open the drawer of the side table and pull out two phones.

"Thank you" I paused at my actions for a second and continued finding something in the same drawer.

"You don't have to. I took your side because my name is attached to yours and there's no way I am letting you ruin it" I stood up and faced her.

"You married me and that makes you my wife, I am going to protect you from everyone and give you everything you desire but I will never give you the love a wife expects from her husband"

"For the world, we are a couple but for us, we will never be one" I clenched my fist as my nails dug into my palm. I could see hurt in her eyes but I couldn't do anything.

She was silent but there was something I was interested about, don't know why? When I was close to her I could see fear in her brown eyes as if I caught something.

Everyone has accepted her as a member of the family but what about me? I didn't expect her to be my wife. Well, now it's useless to argue about this topic.

I took my clothes and went to change without giving a glance to Arya. When I came out I saw her crying but when she saw me she quickly wiped her tears. Her eyes and nose were red from crying.

Without saying anything she took her clothes and went to the bathroom. Not feeling good I walked towards the balcony to get some fresh air.

As I closed my eyes Arya's crying face and whatever I said to her played in front of my eyes. I quickly opened them and took a deep breath, you are not doing wrong you already warned her about all this. I made myself understood.

When I returned to the room Arya was already gone, yes she was sleeping today with Reva. There was a note on the bed which reads

'𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩'

I kept staring at the note for quite long. I was surprised how she knew about my back pain I kept the note aside and lay down on the bed. It was true because of sleeping on the sofa my muscles were hurting badly.