Pump It Up

"You know, running from door to door like an excited puppy won't make your package show up sooner, Zashi."

Hizashi glanced over his shoulder to shoot a scowl at his husband lounging on the couch with Cosmo curled on his stomach. Her white hair standing out on the black tank top he wore as fingers combed through her fur with a phone held tightly in his husband's left hand. Scrolling aimlessly yet he could see the alertness to his husband from the moment he woke. Just as keen on the trucks that came up and down the road. "For someone just as excited you sure are acting holier than thou, aren't you?

Black brows raised at him with that unimpressed, neutral expression he'd seen aimed his way countless times in their youth. The neutral face of displeasure is what he always playfully called it when he scoffed at his husband when he spoke up again. "And you know what I'm saying is the complete truth, Zashi. Sit down and drink your tea before it gets too cold and hit the bowl. Just relax, okay? It'll come and more than likely it'll be when we aren't paying attention to every truck going up and down the road."

"So what? I can run from door to door all I want! You can't tell me that you have been pestering me to check my phone for the past two hours since it said its out for delivery to watch for it, now, can you?" Dark eyes narrowed at him when full lips pinched together into a thin line to which he huffed at his husband. "That's what I thought! So let me be excited for it! I've never used one before and neither have you! So why not be excited about it?"

His husband tutted at him before turning his head away with a huff when he combed his fingers through white cat's fur. "I never said you couldn't be excited but running from place to place like a headless chicken isn't going to do anything for you, Zashi! Why don't you come and sit with me? Check your phone, come hit the bowl, and relax for once, okay? I swear, it's like I live with two seven-year-olds rather than just one. I can't tell who's worse, you or our daughter."

Jutting his lip in a brief pout, he let his gaze flick out the window at the empty street before huffing out a sigh as he spun on his feet to face his husband. There was a victorious edge to that smirk when he pulled his phone out to check the tracker as he shuffled into the living room as his husband gently sat up allowing him to cradle Cosmo. "You know, you can say you love my ADHD having self without being so condescending! I just- I really want it to come while we have time, you know?"

"And we do. Neither of us have work to be done as we got it done yesterday, yeah? I already ran a patrol last night and you did yours this morning so there's nothing waiting to be done, is there?" Humming out at his husband as feet were moved from the cushion allowing him to plop down when Shouta shifted. Cosmo pounced out of his lap with a disgruntled meow before flicking her tail as she rushed off when Shouta's head nudged his shoulder gently. "We have time, love. You don't need to be so wound up, okay?"

"I know but I can't shake the feeling something is gonna come along to tear us apart again! We've been so busy I've hardly had time to look at your pretty face, you know! I only get glimpses of you throughout the day, and I want more than five minutes or a quick fuck, you know? Half this year so far has been filled with shitty, dramatic scenario after another! I want to feel good with my husband and spend time, but something always comes along! Haven't you noticed that?"

"I have. But you got your dick pierced, Zashi, and that takes time to heal which was understandable. Everything else- well, shit happens. Literally! But it's not always going to be like that, you know. We'll have so much free time before summer break that you'll be sick of me!" There was a pause as Shouta grabbed at the lighter and bowl before shuffling over to him with legs draping over his waist. "Besides, I thought we agreed that you were the pretty husband, didn't we?"