Chapter Twenty-Six: Pale Face

The whole day we were bumming it on the couch, not giving a care what anyone thought about that. We drove to the library and picked up a bunch of movies that were almost as good as their books. And yes, we read a lot.

We probably got about 13 movies, most of them were belonging to a series, the others were just too amazing to leave out. We almost got the Harry Potter series but then remembered that I actually owned them.

I had made those muffins before hand so we had a ton to eat, even after my dad stuffed his face with them. They weren't as good as I usually make them, but they hit the spot with the most delicious pie that me and my mom made with fresh apples from across the street.

Phoebe and Nicole ended up leaving around 7 pm because I had fallen asleep, under good circumstances though, it had been a while since that happened.

School has been hard, I've been studying like no other for senior exit exams. I've been slacking a little in class because news had got around about Brayden's heart condition, so everyone decides to come up to me and see how we're doing. I've got to say though, it may be making it worse. So on top of all my studying, I've been crying most of my days.

Luckily, my friends have taken shifts to watch over me after school, which sounds quite scary but it's actually quite comforting because I hate crying in front of people.

So this sleep helped more than anyone could ever imagine.

"Sweetheart," I heard, waking me up from my dream about muffin batter rain. "Klo, I need to head home. My parents will kill me if I spend a school night here."

I opened one of my eyes slightly, just enough for me to see his bare chest pressed against my cheek. He felt so warm, almost like those fancy warm towels you get at restaurants after finishing a meal.

"I felt your little lashes wipe against my chest, Klo." He said, laughing a little. "Would you like your glasses?"

I made a slight movement of my head and he was reaching for my glasses which seemed to be far away, for he started tilting a lot. It was as if my head was in a rocking chair.

I turned my head, noticing that I was perpendicular to him, my whole body to the right of him. "You just laid here like this?" I asked as he placed my glasses on my head, ever so sweetly I might add.

As his face came to focus, I noticed he was really pale, not good at all for his situation. He looked as if he was a vampire, or a ghost for that matter.

I reached up and grabbed his face, "Oh babe, you look terrible."

"Well thanks. I was going for that look." He remarked. But underneath his stupid sarcasm, I could tell he was not good at all, as if he had gotten more sick while I slept.

I sat up, but then noticed I was facing away from him, so I turned myself in his direction, "I'm driving you home. I think your parents might want to take you to the hospital."

He started shaking his head no. He didn't say anything, but he wouldn't stop shaking his head.

"I'm scared okay? If something happens..." I stopped, for my little sister walked into the room.

She was holding onto her little bear that we got for her the day she was born. She had a look of worry stretch across her face when Brayden turned around, "What's happening to Bray? He looks really sick, almost dead."

I looked at Brayden, he had turned around when I stopped talking and tried to act normal. He put a smile of his face and put his head on my shoulder, attempting to cover up his pale face.

"Oh, it's nothing. He is just a little tired. I'm going to drive him home okay?" I said, looking up at my mom who was standing right behind her the entire time.

She nodded, "Take your sister okay? She hasn't gotten out of the house all day and she's driving me insane."

I stood up, looking down at Brayden who was trying to look normal now. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up, "I don't know if it's the best idea she comes, she looks a little frightened."

Brayden was draped over my shoulder, when all of a sudden his back straightend, "Let her come, I need some time with the little munch."

My sister giggled as she ran up to him, "You have to give me a piggyback ride though."

Brayden looked down at her, arms crossed. He smiled, turned around, and let her jump on. "Let's go."

* don't forget to vote *