Broken Arm

12:00, Thursday, 2nd September, 1993

"Oh, alright!" Madam Pomphrey opened the door to the hospital wing and let me, Crabbe, Goyle, Daphne and Blaise run into the room.

"Draco, are you OK?" I said hurriedly, scared out of my mind. Draco was lying down on one of the beds in the hospital wing, looking traumatised.

"MY ARM ALMOST CAME OFF!" He yelled back at me. I heard Madam Pomphrey scoff in the background. "So, no. I'm not OK!"

"Sorry," I said weakly.

"It's fine," he replied, suddenly calm and sleepy.

We spent a bit more time with Draco in the hospital wing before heading back to the Slytherin common room, as class was called off early due to Draco's injury. Draco stayed in the hospital wing with Madame Pomphrey.

When we got back to the common room I decided to take a nap in the dormitories. The rest of the Slytherin gang were playing exploding snap in the common room. However, the loud bangs made it impossible to get to sleep. I just lay in my bed, trying to ignore the loud noises. My mind trailed off to what happened today so far. "I hope Draco's alright," I thought. Just then, an obscure thought popped into my head. "Do I like him? No, I can't, he's just my friend," I wondered. "I mean, he is kinda cute..."

During lunch, Draco returned to semi-normal school life

"Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" I asked him softly.

"It comes and it goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. If it wasn't for Madam Pomphrey another minute or two and I could have lost my arm!" he replied. "I couldn't possibly do any homework for weeks!