Chapter Four: Steele

I followed his faint scent through the woods. He had no scent yet I could tell where he had been. He was masking his scent and I couldn't tell what he was. At some points he seemed like a wolf but he moves at such a fast speed that he must be a vampire.

But there's something else. I don't know what it is but I'm going to figure it out.

Right after we mate him. Sebastian said.

I'm not mating him. He's a man. I don't need anyone.

You need a Luna. You can't do this alone anymore.

You weren't saying that before.

That was before I met him.

The scent led me to the edge of another alpha's territory. I knew it meant someone took him and I immediately stormed onto the land.

Two warriors tried to pounce on me and I easily shook them off.

"Where is he?" I asked angrily. The Warriors growled before sniffing the air and bowing.

"We're sorry Alpha Blackwell but who are you referring to?" one of them said.

"My mate. I know you took him and I want him back. NOW. Take me to the cells," I demanded. They quivered as they stood up and led me to the cells. I walk down the stairs and I immediately hit something. Sparks fly everywhere and I immediately knew it was Frankie.

But he smelt different.

He smelt like a wolf, he smelt like me.

His scent was more prominent. It was overwhelming. He smelt like the forest and vanilla and it smelt so goddamn good.

He was on the ground looking at me with dreariness. I picked him up and cradled him in my arms. He tried to leave my arms.

"Stop struggling. I don't want these people questioning us. Just go with it," I tell him. More for myself than for him.

He sighed but curled into my chest and inhaled. He put his head in the crook of my neck and left butterfly kisses all over it. I groaned quietly in his ear and looked up at the Alpha who had disgust on his face.

"Is there a problem?" I asked, Sebastian quickly taking over.

"No problem at all, Alpha," he said with hesitation yet scorn in his voice.

"Steele..." Frankie started softly, looking up at me, his violet eyes blazing. I softened slightly.

Slightly.

"Steele, he isn't worth it. Let him be that way. There are just those kind of people in this world," Frankie said and I nodded. I put him down and kissed his forehead before glaring. I wrapped my arm around him before leading him out.

"Those people disgust me. His pack will surely fail with a male Luna."

I turned around approached him slowly. His eyes filled with fear and he backed away. Frankie grabbed me and I shook him off
gently.

I got really close to his face and growled.

"Are you really stupid enough to disrespect me when I'm still here?" I gripped his arms and slammed him against the cell. He hissed from the silver.

"Did you think I wouldn't hear? Did you think I wouldn't break your bones in seconds?" I tightened my grip and the silver started burning into his skin.