Chapter Eleven: Steele/Frankie

"Harrison! Harrison!" I yelled through the dungeon, looking for him even though I knew he was there.

"Well, well, well. It's wonderful hearing your voice again, brother. You know, considering the fact that you've left me down here for over a week," his sarcastic voice rung through the darkness. His voice was low and gravely as if he hasn't had water in weeks or was simply refusing it. I had no doubt in my mind that he was.

I stepped up to the cell and peered in, keeping my face in its natural frown.

"If you were in my position, you'd do the same thing," I growled at him in a voice that told him to talk to me with more respect.

"In your position, I'd be wondering why someone who I thought was dead is suddenly alive," he answered simply and sighed in a loud voice. I didn't respond, instead, I left him behind. I didn't have the patience to deal with him, especially not with my mate waiting for me.

"No, no, no! Wait!" Harry yelled and I smirked. I knew it would work. I turned and walked back to his cell, crossing my arms.

"Steele, please let me out of here. I can't be in here anymore! My mate is in danger, I feel it!" I narrowed my eyes at him and frowned once again.

"Well, your mate is my mate's mother apparently, so I can't let her die, right?" I ran my finger along the cell and whistled.

"I guess you should start telling me what I want to know then. For example, you should be dead!" I roared. He stood up from the dark corner and approached.

"I was," he responded simply. I waited for him to explain. He sighed.

"I was dead. We all were. The Moon Goddess sat us all down and explained that it needed to be done in order for the prophecy to go the way it needed to. She wants you to win, Steele. She knows you will. And when you do, they'll all come back. It's not permanent." I gasped a little and fell back.

"You're telling me that the Moon Goddess killed my entire family for some stupid prophecy? That for years I lived with the guilt that it was my fault you all died? All because I thought my thirteen-year-old self should have been enough to protect you?" I growled. I was angry at her. I was livid. I slammed my fist into the cinderblock beside Harry's cell, watching it crumble.

I unlocked Harry's cell and then I fell to the ground.

And I cried.

My body shook violently with the strong sobs as I felt Harry wrap his arms around me. He rubbed my back and all I could do was sob some more. My whole world was crashing down on me. Everything I thought I knew was a lie.

I thought I killed my family. Lie.

I thought I was never going to find my mate. Lie.

I thought I was straight. Lie.

My entire life has changed because some stupid witches decided to punish not the person who screwed them over, but many generations to come who have no idea who the evil bats are.

I don't know how long I sat there or how long Harry comforted me before I heard Frankie's voice calling for me off in the distance. I stood up, reaching out my hand to help Harry up, and we both exited the cellar, slamming the door on the way out.

We entered the pack house and I immediately crashed to the floor by a small, yet powerful source.

Frankie sniffed my face from his position on top of me but I did nothing to complain.

"Who's on you?" he asked in a dark, angry growl. I chuckled a little at his jealousy.

"Harry. My brother. Remember him?" Frankie's eyes went wide and he immediately relaxed, leaning down and placing his head on my chest.