Don't Make The Same Mistakes I Did

Your dad looks out the little serving window and sees you still sitting there. He can read you like a book.

"Won, can you man the window? I think my daughter needs me."

"Sure, no problem." Won steps up to the window to take a staff order for coffee. Your dad leaves by the back door.

With a heavy heart, you notice him approaching and stand ready to tell him goodbye.

He sees your eyes are misty with unshed tears. "Sweetheart, is he the one from . . ."

"Yes, Appa. He is the one I told you about a few years ago."

He smiles and takes you in his arms. You start to cry, and he pulls you closer. "Sweetheart, don't let love go this time. Fate may not be so kind next time."

You look up at your father. "What do you mean?"

He tells you the love story of him and your mom and how he lost her by always putting his job or company before her, as you are doing to Yoongi. He says that after all these years, he wishes she was still alive so he could make it up to her—to show her, let her know, and make her feel how much he loved her. 

He has so many regrets about not taking the time to be with her. Now that it is too late, he can look back and see where he could have made the time, but he didn't see it then. If he could, he would turn back time and make it right.

"Daughter, you own your practice. You are in control. You're following too closely in my footsteps. Don't make the same mistakes I did." He holds your hand and looks earnestly into your eyes. "Please, don't let work control you. The cost is too great." 

He had founded the law firm you now own. He had a heart attack not long after your mother's passing, and he settled down to a less stressful job.

You look over to where Yoongi had disappeared into the crowd of staff and equipment, hearing music play. You think over what your dad said and look at your watch.

"Oh my gosh, if I don't go now, I'll be late for my client appointment. I love you, Dad." You hug and kiss your father and then quickly head to your car.

He watches you run to your car and shakes his head, saying, "Don't do what I did, daughter. I can see the love you still hold for him in your eyes." He rubs his hand across his face and sniffles, then returns to his coffee truck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, after the shooting is complete, Jungkook, Jin, and J-Hope join Yoongi at the coffee and cake truck. J-Hope says, "You seem very happy this evening. Is there anything we should know about?"

 Yoongi straight-faced says, "No."

Jin says, "Okay, now I know something is up."

After they had turned from getting their drinks and cake, your dad reached over the little pick-up window. "Excuse me, but my daughter said to give you this." he hands a piece of paper to Yoongi.

Ever curious, Jungkook tries to peek at it over his shoulder. "Oooooh, it's a girl's name and phone number. Party, party, yeah."

Yoongi rolls his eyes at him. "It's really none of your business."

J-Hope smiles. "Oh, love is in the air. I can feel it."

Jin is laughing but chokes on his last bite of cake when he sees the name on the paper. Jungkook pats him on the back till he stops coughing. "You okay, hyung?"

Jin nods as he drinks some water. He looks at Yoongi as he wipes his mouth, "Wait, I remember her."

Yoongi sighed, "Yes, you met her. I need to go. Bye, guys." He left them standing there, gawking after him without saying another word.