| Devansh's Challenge |

Note: There were many comments suggesting that Siddharth had died earlier, but that's not the case. It was Siddharth's friend, Nirav, who was killed. Siddharth was only injured. But now Siddharth is also no longer alive.

Please vote for the chapter and leave  comments as well!

DEVANSH

Pari, Ansh, and I occupied the space on my bed, tension palpable in the air. The unopened letter lay before me, its contents a daunting mystery I wasn't ready to confront.

Arnav, Rahul, and Mukul lingered by the doorway. Summoning every ounce of courage, I finally mustered the strength to unfold the letter and delve into its contents.

To Devansh Bhai and Ansh,

I hope you can forgive me for calling you "bhai" one last time, though I know I have no right to do so. Yet, in my heart, you've always been the big brother like Nityan bhai.

As I write these words, tears blur my vision, and my heart feels as if it's breaking into a million pieces. The weight of my guilt is crushing me, suffocating me with every breath I take. I can't bear the thought of the pain I've caused you and Ansh.

Ansh, my dear sister, I can't express the depth of my remorse for the anguish I've brought upon you. You deserved nothing but love and happiness, yet I've only brought you pain. My heart aches knowing that I've hurt you, and I pray you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Devansh bhai, you've always treated me like a younger brother, guiding and loving me like an elder brother should. You've saved me countless times from Nityan bhai's wrath, as I look back on those precious memories, I'm overwhelmed with regret. How did I, once filled with laughter and joy, become ensnared in the grips of darkness?

The wrong company I kept, the vices I indulged in – they led me down a path of self-destruction, a path from which I fear I cannot return. You offered me a lifeline, a chance to break free from the shackles of addiction, but I've lost faith in my ability to overcome it.

I know I don't deserve another chance at life, not after the havoc I've wreaked on those I hold dear. The burden of my guilt is too heavy to bear, and I see no way out but to end it all. Please know that my decision is not a reflection of my love for you all but rather a desperate attempt to escape the torment of my own mind.

Please find it in your hearts to forgive me.

With a heavy heart,
Sid

PARINIDHI

Devansh carefully read the letter, his eyes conveying a mix of emotions—guilt, sorrow, and overwhelming stress. There was no trace of his usual confidence or dominance; instead, he seemed burdened by the weight of his own thoughts.

As he handed the letter to Anshika, she took it with trembling hands, her tears already welling up. Reading its contents only intensified her anguish, and she broke into deep sobs, her cries filling the room.

We watched in shock as both Devansh and Anshika struggled with their emotions, seeking solace in each other's presence amidst the overwhelming pain.

Suddenly, Anshika's distress escalated, and she rushed towards me, embracing me tightly as tears streamed down her face.

"B-Bhabhi, we—we gave him another chance, didn't we? He apologised for his mistakes. Then why did he do this, Bhabhi? I didn't want this to happen, Bhabhi. It's not my fault," Anshika sobbed uncontrollably.

The sudden turn of events left me grappling to comprehend the unfolding chaos. My gaze shifted to Devansh, who, with a swift motion, brushed away his tears, his eyes briefly meeting mine before diverting towards the wall.