| Unspoken Truths of the Past |

To all my beloved readers,

It warms my heart to see some of you actively voting for the previous chapters. Your support means the world to me.

For those who haven't yet, I kindly urge you to consider doing so.

While the last chapter didn't quite reach its target, I've still brought forth an update for you all.

However, the next chapter will only grace us once we hit our target.

I have kept a target for comments for all of you because I genuinely enjoy reading your comments.

But my dear readers are so awesome that they're spamming comments with emojis. lmao

But you know what? I must say, because of this book, I've met some lovely readers who are very special to me. And you'll always be. <3

Well, you always get mad at Devansh, don't you? But in the next few chapters, he's going to push the boundaries a bit more with his not-so-up-to-the-standards (cheap) antics.

So, feel free to say whatever you want about him (no foul language). I won't stop you. Frankly, I'm just as annoyed by his behavior as you are.

And here's a question for you. Answer only if you actually know the answer.

What is the actual meaning or definition of dark romance?

That's it for today.

Happy reading!

Target 🎯 for this chapter

Votes 300+
Comment 70+

***

Please vote for the chapter and leave  comments as well!

AUTHOR POV

Sixteen-year-old Devansh made his way home from college, his face lit up with his usual smile, anticipating the joy of reuniting with his little sister, Anshika.

However, as he stepped inside, an unusual stillness enveloped him, a stark contrast to the usual lively atmosphere his mother and sister filled the house with.

Undeterred, he casually tossed his bag onto the sofa and kicked off his shoes, his curiosity urging him to explore further into the house.

With each empty room he combed through, his heartbeat quickened, the absence of his family amplifying his growing apprehension.

Hurrying to the terrace, dread gripped him at the sight of his mother, unconscious, his little sister sobbing beside her.

Without hesitation, he cradled his mother, praying for a response, but her silence pierced him with fear.

Under the relentless midday sun, the terrace felt stifling, intensifying his sense of urgency.

Moving swiftly, Devansh carried his sister downstairs, laying her gently on the bed and surrounding her with pillows.

Driven by resolve, he darted back to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water before rushing back to the terrace, his mind consumed by worry and uncertainty.

Devansh quickly splashed water onto his mother's face, the cool droplets jolting her back to consciousness.

As her eyelids fluttered open, he wrapped her in a tight embrace, his heart overflowing with relief at her awakening.