Chapter 7: Date

P.O.V. [Name]

I was currently on my way to pick up Ruby. I had asked her on our first official date close to a week ago. I didn't want to mess things up so I didn't try anything to complicated. I had chosen to do a simple picnic and give her something at the end of it.

I didn't think their were very many ways this could back fire for me. I knew it could so I still wanted to be carful as to avoid unnecessary actions. I never was one for caution but in this particular case I think I'll make an exception.

I had packed the picnic basket of all her favorite foods. I had picked out a picnic blanket with a flower pattern on it. I had also bought a necklace. I really didn't spend to much money on anything well except for the necklace I had gotten her.

I wasn't to far away from her dorm at the moment. I walked down the hall feeling my heart speed up. I approached her door and knocked on it. I heard a muffled coming followed by Ruby opening the door. She had a somewhat new outfit on.

She had on a lose red dress that came down to her knee's as well as her red hood. I smiled at her and walked down the hall with her in hand. After a while we made it to the picnic area and I sat everything up. I kept the box that had her necklace in it somewhere else though.

I looked to her and she had a smile on her face. "This is nice." She said looking at the basket of food I had prepared. I set everything around her and let her chose what she wanted to eat. I figured I'd eat what she didn't want. It really wasn't that big of a deal since I liked everything she did.

After we had finish I had packed everything up and we left on the way back to her dorm I looked at her. I about halfway through the date had moved the necklace I had gotten her into my pocket. "You look really beautiful today." I said without thinking about it.

"R-really?" She asked looking at me. Her face a slight shade redder than usual.

"Yeah I mean you always look pretty but today you just look beautiful." I said looking at her.

"Hey [Name]." I looked to her to which she placed a quick kiss on my cheek. I felt my face heat up slightly and heard her say. "Thanks."

"You really don't need to thank me we're going out. I'm going to tell you "You look beautiful" even when you don't want to hear it." I said as we walked toward her dorm.

She then stopped and looked at me. "You know I heard from my older sister Yang that boys can be kind of mean when it comes to relationships." I was about to say something until she cut me off with her lips pressed against mine. It didn't last long but when she pulled away she had a smile on her face.

"I'm glad you're not like that." She said looking at me before she placed another much kiss on my cheek. She then started to plant kisses all over my face.

There wasn't anyone around so I didn't really mind. After she had stopped I looked at her and smiled. I then reached into my pocket and pulled out the necklace. It was a silver necklace with a bunch of rubies in the shape of a rose.

She didn't respond at first which kind of concerned me. But then she looked at me "Is that for me?" To this I smiled and mentally sighed in relief.

"Yes this is for my beautiful girlfriend." I said looking at her. To which her eyes lit up and she enveloped me in a hug and almost made me fall over.

"You really are a good boyfriend." She said as she let go of me and took the necklace from its casing. She then looked at me and asked "Mind helping me put it on?"

I nodded and helped her. After I had helped her I looked at her and smiled "You ready to go" I asked.

"Yeah I am now." She said looking at me. I leaned down and placed a quick kiss on her forehead and continued to take ruby home. When we got to the door she looked at me and smiled.

"What are you so happy about this time." I asked looking at her.

"This was an amazing date." she said as she kissed me on the cheek. "I really am glad you asked me out." she said looking at me.

"Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself." I said as she looked at me again.

"You know their was something else I was hoping we could do before we end this date." She said looking at me.

"Well we probably got enough time so what did you want to do?" I asked looking at her. She then started lean towards my face and I slowly leaned towards hers. With that being said we kissed and I dropped the basket and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

I was expecting a couple different things to happen and played out a few different situations in my head and decided to further the kiss. I opened my mouth and asked for entrance I did this slowly as to not frighten her. I could of sworn I felt her smile into the kiss and she opened her mouth and our tongues began to mingle with one another.

I felt my lungs start to burn from lack of oxygen and I could tell she was also starting to run out of breath so I broke the kiss. When I did I heard her dorm door open and Yang was standing there. I felt my body freeze lucky for me Ruby once again came to my rescue.

"Yang it's okay I wanted him to kiss me." She said standing between me and her. I didn't know exactly what to do.

"Listen Ruby I think I should leave now if I want to get home before midnight so I'll see you later." I said and she nodded.

P.O.V. Change Ruby

I had just entered my dorm and Yang was looking at me. "You wanted him to kiss you?" She asked looking at me.

"Yeah I did." I said blushing a bit.

"Well I guess that's Okay then." She said walking to her bed.

I walked to my bed and Weiss looked at me. "When did you get the necklace?" She asked.

"[Name] gave it to me on our date. He really is nice." I said as I went to my bed. As I slept I had a nice dream about me and [Name] living together as husband and wife.