Chapter 8: Change of plans

P.O.V. Third

Two new comers to Vale had where currently walking down the street looking for one miss Ruby Rose.

So far they had no luck in finding her. Who where these people and why where they looking for her?

They were none other than [Father] and [Mother]. They had just walked past what felt like the tenth cookie store.

"I don't understand this Ruby girl is supposed to like cookies why haven't we found her or [Name] at one yet." [Father] asked in mild annoyance.

"I don't know dear just calm down we'll run into one of them eventually." [Mother] said looking at her.

They suddenly found a girl with black hair with red tips and a red hood. "That must be her she's the only one we've found who wears a hood like that." [Father] said.

They both walked towards her and stopped her. "Excuse me miss but would you happen to be Ruby Rose?" [Mother] asked looking at her.

"Yeah sure am!" She said looking at them.

"Great can we talk to you for a mintue?" Mother asked looking at her.

"Yeah sure." She said walking with them they walked into a local Cafè and they started to talk.

"So if we're not mistaken you are seeing someone at the moment." [Father] said to her.

"Yeah he's a great guy." She said letting out a sigh at the end of her sentence.

"Mind telling us what you think about him?" [Mother] asked looking at her.

"Ugh sure I don't see why not." She said setting down her drink.

"Well first off his name is [Name] [Last name] he has [H/C] hair and [E/C] eyes. He's really nice and everyone loves him. He gets along great with everyone and says I'm the center of his universe. He usually doesn't hang out with large crowds but when he does he always invites me along." She said thinking about the boy.

"I see sounds like he really cares about you." [Father] said looking at her.

"Yeah and I'm really glad he does." Ruby said looking at them.

"Do you return his feelings?" [Mother] asked.

"Yes absolutely! I mean his friend Jaune told me he had some tuff break ups and it might be a little hard for me to get him to really love me but I'm glad I put in so much time. He treats me better than anyone else does. If he were to leave me I don't know what I'd do." She said only the last part came out a little sad.

"So what would you do if he were to ask you to marry him?" They both suddenly asked looking at her. Her face turned beat red and she started to daydream about what life would be like with [Name] if she said yes.

Many thoughts popped into her head and she couldn't help but smile. However snapping brought her back to reality. She had dosed of into her own thoughts.

"So what would do if he were to ask you to marry him?" [Father asked looking at her.

A smile then broke out into her face. "I'd love to marry [Name]." She said with no hesitation.

"That's good to mention. Now about those break ups you mentioned what do you think about the girls who left [Name]?" [Father] asked.

She was queit for a second before she finally responded. "They're a bunch of idiots if they had actually taken the time to get to know him like I have. They'd see he's the best boyfriend anyone could ask for." She said looking at them

The two were both queit before smiles painted both of their faces. "Thank you for answering these questions for us. If case you're wondering who we are we're [Name]'s father and mother. We just wanted to make sure [Name] was making the right choice. And  .  .  . you have our blessings." [Father] said looking at her.

They both then left leaving a dumbfound Ruby behind. Ruby then walked up to [Name]'s dorm room and knocked on the door. When it opened up she saw [Name] and tackled him to the floor in a hug.

P.O.V. [Name]

I had been tackled to the ground by Ruby in a hug it was unexpected but not unusual I guess. "So Ruby what's the occasion?" I asked looking at her.

"I just got your parents blessing!" She exclaimed as she crashed our lips together. I had to register what she said before I actually understood what was going on.

My parents came to Vale because of me sending them letters about Ruby. Although why they decided now was a good time is beyond me.

"They asked me lots of weird questions like what I thought of the girls who dumped you and what I'd do if you asked to marry me." She said looking at me.

Starting to regret sending them all those letters now. "Yeah they are a bit defensive I guess. But that doesn't matter all that matters is that me and you can be together." I said looking at her.

She then got up off me and was about to leave. "Hey Ruby wait here a minute." I said walking over to one of my draws. When I finally found what I was looking for I blushed and my heart started to race.

I walked over to her and said "Well I was going to try and find some romantic way to do this but seeing as how my parents kind of ruined that I guess now's as good a time as any." I said showing her the box.

I got down on one knee and spoke "Ruby Rose will-"

"Yes." She said as she tackled me to the ground.

"But I didn't get to finish." I said looking at her.

"Doesn't matter I'd love to marry you." She said as she got up. I opened the box and showed her the ring. It base was made of black gold and it had several small red diamonds on it as well as one bigger red diamond in the middle.

She took the ring and slid it on her finger. "I don't think we should have the wedding until after we graduate though." I said looking at her.

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea." She said as our lips once again met.