Chapter 11: Meeting dad

P.O.V. [Name]

I took a deep breath as we walked down the street. I was nervous then again it was reasonable. After all I was meeting Ruby's dad today. The man that I now had to call my father in law.

Ruby said that he wanted to make the wedding, but because of a last minute mission that came up he couldn't. It was a little sad because according to Ruby I had already gotten his blessing but even so I'm still a little nervous.

I calmed down a little bit when I felt a hand grab my own. "Relax [Name], my dad is a really nice guy. He may be a bit overprotective at times but I'm sure you and him will get along," Ruby said looking at me.

I relaxed hearing this before tensing back up slightly after I went over what she had just said? He's overprotective? In this case that's not a good thing it's far from a good thing.

What if he doesn't like me and forces me and Ruby to break up . . . or get a divorce I guess. I just . . . I don't want to lose her. I was so distracted with my own thoughts that I hadn't noticed we had arrived.

"Well here we are," she said walking into the house. I followed behind her and as soon as the door shut I looked around and noticed that no one was home.

"Where's your dad?" I asked looking at Ruby.

"He said he had to do something, so he won't be back until tomorrow morning. However I thought we'd show up early just to make a good impression," she said looking at me.

"Oh well that's smart," I said looking at her causing her to smile.

"Come on I'll show you my room," she said taking my hand and dragging me down the hallway. I smiled at how hyper she was most of the time. It was one of the many things I found attractive about her.

When we got to her room she smiled and showed me all the stuff she had collected over the years. Most of them were action figures of her favorite superheros that she used to watch as a little kid.

I listen to her talk about her life before she went to Beacon. Yang apparently was always the way she was now. A risk taker and a strong independent type, yet oddly enough loved to be spoiled according to Ruby.

Before I knew it the night had come although Ruby was the one to point it out. "Come on let's go to bed," she said dragging me to her bed.

I blushed at this but didn't fight it. After all this time of dating and being married I'm still uncomfortable saying that we sleep together. It's not a secret really everyone in RWBY, and JNPR all know we share a bed together.

There's really no reason to be embarrassed yet I am. After I was in bed with her I wrapped my arms around her and waited for her to fall asleep.

I wanted to make sure she was okay and that nothing was wrong. I stayed up because Yang told me that when something was wrong Ruby would always stay awake at night.

When she was finally asleep I smiled and also went to sleep.

P.O.V. Taiyang

I walked into my house almost depleted of energy. That last mission really took a lot out of me. Although now that I'm home I can finally see my little girl and her new husband.

Ruby told me about him and he sounded nice but that's how all girls make their boyfriends sound. So I did the only thing I could do and asked Yang what he was like. Yang said almost the exact same thing as Ruby.

Except she added that if anyone so much as thinks about touching Ruby he might kill them. I then walked down the hallway and opened the door to Ruby's room.

When I did I got a little nervous seeing the two of them in the same bed. However it didn't look like the two of them did anything considering the two of them both had their cloths on.

I smiled at seeing how he had his arms around Ruby. He had his arm wrapped around her defensively, yet he also looked like he didn't want to hurt her in the least.

I then went to reach for her but his arm moved at an incredible speed and grabbed my wrist. He then started to squeeze and opened one of his eyes with a glare.

When he saw me his eyes widened and he let go. "Oh I'm so sorry about that I just-" he began only to be cut off by Ruby mumbling in her sleep.

"Let's take this outside," I said lowering my voice so that I wouldn't wake Ruby. He nodded and followed me out of the room. When we walked out of the room he shut the door and looked at me.

"Listen we need to talk," I said looking at him.

P.O.V. Ruby

I woke up and noticed that [Name] wasn't in bed with me. That was a little odd and I looked around. I then remembered where we were and walked outside.

I then saw [Name] and my dad talking to each other. "Really?" [Name] asked looking at my dad. When he did he received a nodded and [Name] started to laugh slightly.

"That's an . . . interesting story," he said looking at my dad.

"Yeah, I don't think I need to say that I never went hunting with him again," my dad said looking at him. The two of them both started to laugh slightly. I smiled at this and walked into the room.

"See I knew the two of you would get along," I said looking at them before the two of them smiled at me.