17. A Ride in Bus

AMRITA

"Ughh, why is it not starting?"

I turned the key in the ignition once more, but instead of the satisfying rumble of the engine starting, there was only silence. I tried again and again, hoping to see some signs of life, but there was nothing. I could feel my confusion and frustration rising as I tried to figure out what might be wrong.

I gave it one more shot, praying that this time it would work, but still no luck. It's definitely not the way I wanted to start my day.

What happened to it suddenly? It was all well in night.

Now I was certain there was some spirit in my car; it transforms into a new car overnight and then decides to stop working for no apparent reason just in a night.

I looked at my wristwatch, and it was already 8:42 a.m. I need to arrive at my office by 9:30 a.m.

I groaned in frustration as I rested my forehead against the stearing wheel.

Looks like I would have to take public transportation.

The Metro station is quite far from my house and getting there would take an extra fifteen minutes. So that's a no no.

And auto charges a lot, so taking the bus was the only option.

But I don't want to. My head started spinning just thinking about how many people would be there. And on top of that, it was so hot.

But I don't have any other choice.

Whining, I stepped out of my car, and the hot sun rays instantly hit my skin. Despite the fact that it was still early in the morning, the sun was already blazing down on us. Why so garmiii!!!

I hate summer season.

It also gets unquestionably hot for me because of the adverse effects of the medications I take. I sweat excessively and become dehydrated in this weather.

I grabbed my purse from the seat and closed my car door with a loud bang. This khhatara!!

I took the route to the bus stop, which is only a kilometer away. I heard someone honk behind me as I was strolling along the side of the road.

I moved aside and kept walking silently until that damn honk went off again.

Kya foot path pe chalana hai kya ise.

Honk! Honk!

What the fuck?

As I turned slightly, I noticed a black Rolls-Royce continuously honking at me. These wealthy folks!