#1

After a week,Azlaan had finally completed all his remaining work and arrived in Pakistan, his home country which he never liked,it was a place that had never warmed him, with all the mixed feelings deep within his heart he made his way through the roads on his journey towards his home,memories flooded his mind, reminding him of his childhood days.

After an hour he finally arrived outside a lavish house that he never considered his home, As he stood at the doorstep and looked around he couldn't help but felt a pang of disconnect, It's the place which he really missed but he never wanted to come back,it was a complex blend of feelings within his heart.

He made his way towards the entrance and then his eyes met his mother's,she was standing there, her face was having a joy, relief and longing, the moment she saw him, she rushed towards him,her arms outstretched and she hugged him as tightly as it was possible for her.Azlaan's heart skipped a beat as he embraced her feeling the warmth and love that only a mother could provide.

Tears streamed down both their faces, a result of their emotions.

Her sobs started echoing,In that moment words were unnecessary as both of them can feel everything with out it, Azlaan held back his tears, determined to be strong, yet unable to control his emotions.

His mother loosened the hug and kissed his forehead,here eyes were teary"Azlaan I missed you much,you have no idea how much I have waited for this day,didn't you miss us?"

Listening to his mothers quivering voice he cupped her face and whispered "Mom don't cry I never want to hurt you or want to make you cry, You know already why I didn't wanted to come back." she took both of his hand and kisses them "Why do you say such things ? Why can't you stay here live with us like a family??

He wiped her tears"Not now mom, atleast let me come inside or do you already want me to go back?"

She glared at him and tightened her grip on his hand and dragged him inside the house as if he might slip away if she didn't hold on tightly ,her face was filled with happiness and he was just looking at her, deep down being quiet happy that he could see her after decades,she was Infront of his eyes.

She made him sit on sofa and started calling all the house helpers,her voice was ringing in the hall asking everyone to prepare things for azlaan, her excitement was on a different level.

Despite feeling the warm and happiness, He hesitated and asked his mom" Where is dad!!?"

Her smile flattered a little when she heard him "Azlaan first.." ..

He interrupted her
"No first I want to meet dad"
his voice was barely a whisper.

She passed a small smile "He is resting in his room,let's go" her eyes shinned with relief.

-

Zara's pov :

It is already my fourth day at this hospital and I felt hopelessly lost in corridors. No matter which way I turned, I end up being lost in new and different place other than cardiology ward.

A sigh escaped my lips" I can't tolerate this, It's so irritating that everyday I have to wakeup up early, come here just to get lost in this maze" moving towards other side I kept ranting for next few minutes then I realized whatever nonsense I was speaking.

As how could I be having such difficulty,
I was just being so ungrateful,This was one of the most prestigious hospitals in the city and I am here right after graduating from medical college.

I should be thankful, not frustrated to have this incredible opportunity"

I looked up and closed my eyes,
another sigh escaped my mouth