#3

Azlaan's Pov:

When I entered the house, a flood of thoughts rushed through my mind. After coming back here It was my first day in Pakistan, and I was already feeling utterly drained from visiting the hospital and the encounter with that girl.

Suddenly her face flashed through my mind, Her soft delicate features with fiery eyes. It was a visage that stirred up a different feeling inside me.

Her words echoed in my ears like a haunting melody as I remembered that exhausting experience. I couldn't really help but wonder how people managed to handle her on a daily basis, how they could tolerate her presence. If I ever get another chance to communicate with her I would like to get disappeared from this world.

Just then my footsteps stop and I found myself standing Infront of the room where I had spent half of my childhood with in these four walls.

A familiar scent of nostalgia enveloped me with Memories of both happy and sad. I stepped inside witnessing that nothing had changed here, except for some furniture that had been replaced with larger pieces, a subtle reminder that I was no longer a child.

I roamed a little inside my room, taking a look around, I sat on my bed and the memories of all the breakdowns I had in the corner of this room,came back.

It brought me back to my not so happy childhood, I took few more steps and  moved towards my study table where  everything was perfectly set up.

I remembered all the uneasy nights I spent studying at the desk stressing out,

"What if I fail this exam?
How will my parents react?"

Suddenly, my eyes fell on a frame with a childhood picture of me and a few classmates whom I didn't even remember. Yess, not because I was someone who forgot and didn't value friendships, but because I didn't know them closely.

They were merely classmates,not friends, I never had any geniune friends in my childhood, of course who wants to be friends with a sad introvert and boring person like me?

I was lost in my own thoughts when my mom called out my name, her voice pulling me back to my senses.

I took a deep breath and cleared my mind of all the flashbacks that had been making me sad.

She called my name once again as she approached me , I turned my face then she looked at me, her expressions filled with understanding, realizing the emotions I was feeling now that I had returned to my room after years away.

She knew exactly how I was feeling at that moment,for she was a mother and mother's have the ability to understand  their children's emotion yet, I wished she could have understood the depths of all my feelings.

I stepped forward and sat back down on my bed. She came and sat beside me and with a calm smile she said

“I'm so happy you're back...
Now take some rest, and then come down for dinner. We will have dinner together something we haven't done in years. I'll prepare all your favorite dishes!!” Her eyes filled with excitement
I just nodded.

When she stood up to leave, she stopped and turned to ask me about my meeting with the doctor.
“Azlaan beta,what did doctor said”!?

I looked at her with an assuring gaze and replied "I've talked to the doctor and he said Dad needs complete rest and a stress free environment.. Most importantly He is much better now so everything will be alright."

I told her not to worry and she immediately moved towards me to hold my hand “ I'm not worried anymore since my son is back!" she said this flashing a warm smile before leaving.