#4

When I opened my eyes I saw papers all around me on my desk scattered like fallen leaves.

I slowly lifted my head up and felt a slight pain in my neck.

Looking around at all the messy files and documents, I remembered I had been working late night going through few things which were important to be discussed in the meeting. I was so focused that I didn't even realize how late it had gotten and I accidentally dozed off with my head resting on the hard surface of my laptop!

I realized time for the meeting was getting closer so I quickly got up from my seat and headed to freshen up.

The whole time thoughts raced through my mind as this was a new experience for me, thinking about meeting new people for a business meeting makes me nervous and the weight of my father's expectations only added to my nervousness.

I chose a professional look wearing a dark navy blue suit that gave off a formal and sophisticated look, grabbing the important files and my laptop, I quickly made my way downstairs.

When I reached the dining table I warmly greeted my parents who were already sitting there. My eyes were drawn to the table when I noticed that the breakfast spread was different from usual.

A pang of guilt hit me as I thought about my words from last night. Mom might have thought that I didn't enjoy what she made because I hadn't appreciated it.

The stress had taken away my appetite, however I didn't want to make her sad again so I put on a smile and began eating my breakfast which lit up her face with joy knowing that I liked it.

Dad approached me
“Have you spoken to Mr. Hassan!!?
He will be your personal assistant, helping you at the office."

I nodded in acknowledgment.
"Yes, he will join me directly for the meeting.” I replied.

Dad nodded too silently affirming that I was prepared for the meeting.
Glancing at my watch I noticed the time and realized I needed to leave.

I rose from the chair my parents looked at me with much love and support in their eyes. Together they spoke in one voice "Best of luck."

Those simple words carried the weight of their hopes.

                          Zara’s Pov:

Pushing through the crowded mall, we entered the central shop where Rayah wanted to buy a gift for her mother's birthday. She had dragged me straight from the hospital to accompany her!

I would never have come if it weren't for Rayah. we both have a special connection that goes beyond just being best friends. We've known each other since we were kids even from school to college we were always together But when we went to university we chose different fields and went our separate ways.

Despite this, we remain very close and make time to meet whenever we can. Rayah and I are inseparable and need each other's company in everything, whether it's something silly or important!! Otherwise who would come all the way here especially on a hot day like today?

I told her I'd wait for her and then went to sit in the main seating area where there were benches.

I could see the glares she was giving me, as I signaled for her not to take too long and to buy the gift soon so we could leave ahh, I was just daydreaming shopping with her was a massive task that tests my patience to extend.

In the blink of an eye she disappeared into the crowd. I knew she wouldn't come back easily so I followed her path and went after her.

Winding around shops after shops for a bit then I stopped in front of the food court where she was already standing with her arms folded. It seemed like she was  waiting just for me.