Ten

Alexis stood in Grimmauld Place. She had been staying with Nova. She knew that Narcissa hadn't realised that she hadn't been at school or she would have been after her by now.

Alexis was worried about her cousin. And she was staying and going to look after her. She knew how Nova had been through a lot and how she didn't deserve this.

Alexis walked into the kitchen as Nova looked to her and smiled. "You know that you don't need to study here don't you. I am fine. I don't need a babysitter," Nova said.

Alexis looked to her and rolled her eyes. "You have been through a lot. I am not going to leave you on your own. Besides how do you think your dad would react? You're just as stubborn as he is" Alexis said.

Nova looked to her and rolled her eyes. "I am my father's daughter. You realise when your mother realises we're both not at school, this is the first place that she will come looking," she told her. 

"I'm aware. I got us covered for a few days. All that matters is you getting better. And back on your feet. I know how none of it is easy" Alexis said.

Nova looked to her and smiled. "What would I do without you?" She asked.

Alexis looked to her and smiled. "You know  that you're going to be okay don't you?"

Nova looked to her and smiled.  "I hope so."

****

Alexis cursed to herself as she walked into the room as she saw Narcissa. "Oh crap," she said.

Narcissa turned to face her. "Do you want to tell me why you're not at school? And why I have had letters from Professor Snape telling me how you are here?" She asked.

Alexis looked to her and smiled. "I was taking a mental health break."

"Alexis Malfoy."

"Okay. Look I was here for Nova. She needed a break. Some stuff went down. I can't tell you about as it's not my secret, but I wasn't going to leave her to go back to school. She needed someone. I was doing the right thing."

"Do you realise how much trouble that you're in?" Narcissa told her. 

Alexis looked to her. She rolled her eyes. "I was doing the right thing," Alexis said.

"Get your stuff. You're going back to school."

"What about Nova?"

"Oh she's coming home with me. And then she's going back to school," Narcissa said as Alexis sighed.

****

Alexis got back to school. She was annoyed that Snape had told on her. She stormed into his classroom as he looked up at her. "Miss Malfoy. It's nice to have you back."

"Oh shut up you greasy toad. You knew where I was. And you told on me."

"You should be in school," he said

"Yeah well sometimes things are more important than that," she said. 

Severus looked to her and rolled his eyes "Oh please."

"Cross me again sir, and I will ruin you. That is a promise," Alexis spat as she walked off. She was angry and she didn't care one bit.

Alexis knew that he was going to pay for interfering.