One

A/N - Nova-Leigh Black along with any kiddies belong to Carolineeexx.
*~*~*~*~*~*

Alexis sat in her bedroom. She was trying to hide the tears that fell from her cheeks. She didn't know why she was still crying over him. Severus Snape.

FLASHBACK

"It's over between us. You were someone I used when I got bored. I don't love you. I never loved you."

Alexis felt the tears pouring down her cheeks. "Why are you being so cruel?"

"Because I don't love you."

Alexis nodded and turned away. The tears were rolling down her cheeks.

END FLASHBACK

Alexis looked down at her wrist. The bandage covered the mark. Alexis had found a charm that engraved a true loves first kiss on her. She took off the bandage off and traced the faint outline of the kiss print.

***
Nova walked into the bedroom. She was the only one who knew about her cousin sleeping with their potions Professor. She sat on the bed. "He's not worth it Lex. He broke your heart."

"Yeah. I'm over him. It just hurts," she said as she covered up the mark. That was the only thing Nova didn't know about. She smiled. "What can I help you with?" She asked.

"I've decided to come and cheer you up. We could go and see my dad? I know that Narcissa and Draco are out."

Alexis shrugged. She had nothing better to do.

***
The two cousins arrived at Grimmauld Place. Sirius came downstairs and greeted them. "Well if it isn't my favourite blonde beauty? Hello Lexi."

"Hi Sirius."

Nova smiled. "Lexi needs cheering up. Someone broke her heart."

Sirius nodded and smiled. "Well step this way and let me entertain you both. Nova, Harry and the Weasley's are here along with Hermione."

Alexis rolled her eyes but smiled. She didn't want to spend her time with Gryffindors but she would make the effort.

***
A few days later, Alexis and Nova were sitting in the great hall. Alexis was handed her schedule by Snape. She watched as he walked off.

Nova took Alexis' schedule from her and frowned. "I thought you were taking potions this year?" She asked.

Alexis turned to her. "I am."

"Not according to this," Nova said as she handed her cousin her schedule back.

Alexis glanced over the schedule. She frowned and stood up. "That bastard. He's making all this too personal."

***
Severus was sat in his office. The door opened and Alexis walked in. "Miss Malfoy. To what do I owe this pleasure?" He asked.

"You took me out of potions. I had no intention of dropping this class," Alexis said. She was trying to not look into his eyes.

Severus rolled his eyes. "Yes but I have no intention of keeping you in here."

Alexis nodded. "Then I'm sure you wouldn't mind me bringing this to the attention of Professor Dumbledore. Surely he would like to know why you removed me from this class. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you had an inappropriate relationship with a student."

Anger overcame Severus. He glared. "Are you blackmailing me?"

"No. I want back in potions."

Severus took his wand and pointed it at the schedule. The free periods now were filled with potions. "What physical proof could you take to the headmaster?"

Alexis smirked. She took off the bandage from her hand. Severus frowned. "Memory engravement charm?"

Alexis nodded. "I needed some proof. Just in case you did something like this. You don't think that just because I gave you my virginity and that I loved you that I would trust you."

Severus looked at her. He had no words. Alexis smirked. "You should know Severus that I don't trust no one. To trust would make one seem like a Gryffindor. We both know that I practically run Slytherin. I could make your job very hard should you choose to bring whatever happened between you and I into the classroom making it too personal."

***
Nova stood in the common room. She saw Alexis walk in. "What happened?"

Alexis sat down. "I just had a word with our beloved potions master. I'm now back in potions."

"Wow. You go girl. What did he say?" Nova asked as she handed her cousin a butterbeer.

Alexis shrugged. "I just told him I wanted back in potions. Or else I would take what happened between him and I to Dumbledore."

***
It was the first day of lessons. Alexis made her way down to the great hall. She smiled at Nova. "Is that Remus Lupin?" She asked.

Nova nodded. "He's back here. You missed the announcements," she said.

"Awesome. He was the best defence teacher we had."

***
Severus knew he needed to keep things professional with Alexis. But when she showed him her cunning side, he wanted her.

Severus wasn't stupid. He knew the Dark Lord was returning and that it wasn't wise for him to be with Alexis. But he couldn't stop the feelings he had for her.

***
Alexis sat in her dormitory. She kept on thinking about Severus. She knew she couldn't. But all she wanted was to spend one more night with him.

How long could she keep denying how she really felt? Especially when she couldn't heal her own heat?