Epilogue 2: Bribe for Jeongguk?

Taehyung gets out of his car and walks inside the big building. The guard greets him and he smiles back, then straightaway makes his way to the receptionist, who upon noticing him smiles warmly.

"Oh Taehyung-shi! What a pleasant surprise!" She says.

"Good to see you too Ms. Haein" Taehyung smiles. "When will he get free?" He asks directly, excited.

"You did not ask him yourself?" She says, because usually Taehyung would talk to Jeongguk over the call during his work hours so that he would not disturb the other during important meetings by coming at a wrong time.

"Actually I wanted to surprise him today..." Taehyung says looking down at the box of cupcakes he brought for Jeongguk.

"Ohkayy I see..." She nods with a teasing smile. "Wait let me ask his secretary if he's free right now..." She picks the phone and places a call. "Secretary Choi, Taehyung-shi is here... mhmm... okay..." She cuts the call and looks at Taehyung.

"He is taking interviews for new employees today so he might get free in about 15-20 minutes..." Taehyung nods. He remembers Jeongguk talking about the interviews last night before sleeping.

"Okay I will wait in the lounge then... see you later..." He smiles and turns around to walk to the elevator, everyone greeting him on his way. All the people working under Jeongguk knew Taehyung and they really respected him, while the elder ones adored him like a baby.

He gets in the elevator and presses the button to Jeongguk's office's floor. And after the elevator comes to a stop, he directly makes his way to the waiting lounge. As soon as he gets inside, he sees some employees for interview also sitting there, so he silently goes and sits on one of the comfortable couches in the room with the box of cupcakes and his bag in his hands.

He could see Jeongguk's office through the transparent glass wall in between. The door was closed but then it opens with Secretary Choi stepping outside with an employee and for a split second Taehyung catches a glimpse of Jeongguk, who was busy writing something on his notepad. Then the door closes on its own.

The Secretary comes in the lounge, as the employee from earlier takes a seat beside Taehyung on the couch.

"Mr. Minseok, it's your turn now" The secretary calls for the last candidate, and then notices Taehyung sitting there, so he smiles and waves at him, before going back to Jeongguk's office. Taehyung smiles back, just then the female employee sitting beside him says, "You seem to know the secretary. It will be easy for you to get this job then..."

Taehyung furrows his eyebrows in confusion. He looks around to confirm if the girl was talking to him or not... and yeah indeed she was talking to him.

"I- huh?" He asks.

"I saw the secretary waved at you. You must know him... and you are here through recommendation right?"

"Actually I-"

"Ahh you lucky people have connections..." She sighs. "I wish I also knew people here.... Maybe Mr. Jeon... Oh he's so handsome. And his stare... it was so hot... it just melted me right then and there..." She says dreamily, as Taehyung narrows his eyes with slight jealousy.

"Seems like you had a good interview there." He says, his lips in a small pout.

"It was amazing. I hope I get this job. I just want to see Mr. Jeon everyday..." She says as Taehyung feels that her long hair and his fist would make a good combination right now.

"By the way...what did you bring in this box? For whom?" She asks and Taehyung looks at the donuts, then remembers that he was here to surprise his Gukkie.