After the storm

Kendrick's POV

It's been 4 months after that funeral back in Compton. May was right, shockingly. They wanted me there. The next step was to go another funeral, my own. There was another thing beating me up inside that I didn't tell May. My music, I didn't feel that I was doing everything I could do to be real. I never wanted to be that artist. The kind that only rap about what sells: drugs and bitches. I hated listening to my own music sometimes. The funny thing was, people would tell me how real I was. Real, it's like they don't know the meaning of the word. What I was doing was getting by. Putting out a little real and mostly fake, for what? The money. I let the money control what I did and how I did it. I started to realize that when I made a song it didn't matter if it had truth in it, it mattered if it sells. I've been walking in on May in the studio and I'll probably never admit this to ANYONE, but her music inspired me to fuck the label and rap about the real shit. I changed my name to Kendrick Lamar from K.Dot for a reason... and damn was I feeling like K.Dot. Now, I'm going to sit back and enjoy a little time to myself and watch May become the best female artist of all time.

(Sitting in the studio: May's in the booth)

(May recording: Juice- Chance The Rapper)

Thirsty, thirsty, tryna choose

 I mean, I know I'm pretty cool

My Nitty bag, my kitty boost 

I got the juice, I got the juice 

Chano, Chatham's ownFoolies glad I'm homeEven my haters kinda glad I'm onRest In Peace to my Vagabond 

Rapper song, singer, suspended, subpoenaFor misdemeanors, dreamerHeld back ass is lowkey still a senior 

And I still shake up BO Squad, praying for my BroBoisCity on the Come Up, shout that nigga Sosa! 

Shout my nigga Fat Trel, shout my nigga JosephPlaying Buenos Aires while they sleepin' Buenas Noches! 

Wonder if I wrote this cause it's so crispThe most brokest cold stock broker winter solstice 

I could win an Oscar, Russian Accent Husky 

Acid addict, Costly avid Actor, Kevin Costner 

...

(May steps out the booth)

May: You liked it?

Kendrick: What is this song even about. (chuckles)

May: The Juice...

Kendrick: (Looks at her sideways) Your juice?

May: I got the juice...

Kendrick: (laughs and walks out studio) I'm done with you..

May: What you mean!? (Follows him)

Kendrick: You heard me , I'm done.. I didn't know you rapped about stuff like that..

May: It's not that serious.. There is nothing wrong about telling people that... (points at self) Ya girl got the juice.. 

Kendrick: (Laughs) So, that's the final track for you album right... 

May: Yup, I called Anthony to come tomorrow so we can set up a release date..

Kendrick: (Sits on sofa) You excited...

May: (Sits beside him Indian style facing him) Hell yeah, my album is about to drop. (Raises arms up) WOOO!

Kendrick: What's the songs on your album again?

May: (Pulls out paper) Ok the into is called Save Yourself First.

Kendrick: I like that one..

May: (smiles) me too, I'm naming my album after that song.. Then there is:

1) Save Yourself First - Chance the Rapper

2) Hurt Me Soul- Lupe Fiasco

3) Miracle- Chance the Rapper

4) Smoke Again- Chance the Rapper ft. Ab soul  (May ft. Ab Soul)

5) Child's Play- Chance the Rapper ft. SZA ( May ft. SZA)

6) I Am Very Very Lonely - Chance the Rapper

7) We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off - Ella Eyre

8) Pass The Vibes - Chance the Rapper

9) Juice - Chance the Rapper

Kendrick: Only 9?

May: Only 9...

Kendrick: Hm...

May: Hm? What?

Kendrick: (chuckles) Nothing May, Just call Anthony...

May: (Glares at him and dials Anthony)...