This Love...

Kendrick's POV

I dropped May off at her house and all I could think about was that club. I really wanted to go, but ya boy is tired and I'm not in the mood for Q to be pushing drinks down my throat. That nigga never know when to just stop. I need some good sleep anyways. I want to start my new album. This time I'm going to make my music. I'm going to rap about me and my struggles being Kendrick Lamar.

(Parks car and walks inside)

Kendrick: (Walks in)...

Whitney: It's 12:30am? What were you doing out so late?

Kendrick: It's about time you came home.. (Rubs face and sits on sofa).. You got a lot of explaining to do.. Where were you when I needed you Whitney?

Whitney: (chuckles).. Where was I?

Kendrick: You heard the fucking question...

Whitney: The same place you were when I needed you... Gone.

Kendrick: What? (smirks) Whitney I'm not about to let you kill my vibe.. I'm going to bed.

Whitney: (stands up in front of him) NO.. I want to talk about this Kendrick. 

Kendrick: I don't even know what the fuck you're even talking about.. When was I ever gone Whitney, I was always there.

Whitney: (laughs) So you were there when you was fucking those hood-rats and rapping about it Kendrick? YOU WERE THERE? I was going through a lot Kendrick. Trying to understand what the fuck I DID WRONG. I was always there for you. I was always the one that pushed you. I was faithful and honest with you always... But what you do? You cheat on me. Then you put it in your music like you're making fun of me. DO YOU KNOW HOW THAT FEELS (Tears run down her face)... 

Kendrick: ... (Slowly slides hands into hers) Sit down...

Whitney: (Sits down beside him) Kendrick, am I not enough for you? Please tell me right now so I can leave and live a normal life. My family misses me. I miss them too. I don't want to be here for no reason. If you don't love me anymore just tell me. 

Kendrick: Before I answer that question, you have to answer mine Whitney.. Why weren't you there? I had to go back to Compton without you. People kept asking about you.

Whitney: ...  I was on my way Kendrick. When I heard he died and you went to the funeral, I was on my way. But then...

Kendrick: But then what?

Whitney: I saw you there with May... I saw the photos of you holding her hand.. I saw the photos of you guys together.. I couldn't handle it. 

Kendrick: What does May have to do with you? I'm with you.. You're my girl.

Whitney: I'm your girl when you need me to be your girl. Relationships don't work like that Kendrick. When you're down you want me to be there for you, but you can't be faithful?

Kendrick: Nothing is going on with me and May...

Whitney: That still doesn't explain the hood-rats..

Kendrick: I'm sorry Whitney.. I know what I did was wrong. I know. I let this life... I let Hollywood taint my soul Whitney. You aren't the only one that I hurt, but you're my one I care about the most. (Lifts her chin and looks her into her eyes) Baby, you got to know that I never meant to hurt you like that. You know that what happened then wasn't me. I don't know who that was, but now. I want to be the best I can be for you. Shit, I don't know how I even managed without you.

Whitney: (Wipes his tear) Kendrick...

Kendrick: (Puts finger on her lip)...shh (Gets down on one knee and pulls out a ring). The day after the funeral, I bought this ring. That funeral made me understand that life is short. It also made me realize that I NEVER want to go through something like that ever again without you. Whitney I love you with all my heart. You have always been my ride or die and I took that fore granted. I know that I been pushing this away because of my career, but why? You are the woman that I want to spend the rest of my life with, why wait. Will you marry me?

Whitney: Of course I will, I wouldn't have came back if I didn't love you Kendrick. (Kisses him) I love you baby. What about the media?

Kendrick: I'll tell the world that you are my woman. They need to know anyways.

Whitney: (Smiles) I love you.

Kendrick: I love you too...

(The next day at Q's house)

Kendrick's POV

(Walks into Q's place and hears yelling from the kitchen)

Ab: NIGGA! What the fuck you eating my fucking pringles?!

Q: My bad, these yours?

Ab: If they ain't yours then why you eating them?

Kendrick: (Walks into kitchen laughing) The same thing I thought when he was eating my fucking fruity pebbles..

Q: You still on that? I bought you a new box.

Kendrick: You should have bought me two... with milk.

Ab: Man, (snatches pringles out his hand) ... 

Q: (Laughs) Where Jay at?

Ab: He on tour with SZA..

Q: Right... What about May?

Ab: She called this morning talking about Anthony already talking about getting her on tour. Her shit just dropped yesterday..

Kendrick: (Chuckles) They haven't even got the time to even listen to it.

Q: Anthony said that people really been buzzing about May after they seen the photos of you and her at the funerals. People keep calling y'all a thang...(winks)

Kendrick: Well, they need to shut the fuck up because Whitney came back last night and I proposed.

Q: (Laughs and walks out room)..

Ab: No the fuck you didn't...

Kendrick: Yes I did.

Ab: (More serious face) No you didn't.

Kendrick: (matches his face) Yes the fuck I did.. I did it last night. That's why I was looking at wedding rings in Compton.

Ab: I thought you were looking at chains...

Kendrick: That's what I wanted you to think..(Walks into front room and turns on Martin)

(May walks into house)

May: MY GOD.. Why does it smell so bad in here... 

Ab: KENDRICK PROPOSED TO WHITNEY?!

May:... Whitney... Whitney.... Who's Whitney?

Q: (Bursts into laughter)...

Ab: Oh yeah, you never met Whitney...

Kendrick: Whitney, my girlfriend.. well my fiance...

May: OMG CONGRATULATIONS KENDRICK! (Plops down on sofa next to Kendrick)..

Kendrick: At least someone's happy for me. Thank you May.

Q: I'm happy for you, I just think it's a stupid idea. She didn't even come with you back to Compton. Does she even know you went through a deep ass depression without her ass?

Kendrick: That's in the past Quincy, I've moved on and now I know that I love her and I want to be with her.

May: Awwww, That's so sweet. We should throw a party. I want to meet her.

Ab: (Chuckles)...

Kendrick:...

May: What's funny Ab?

Ab: Nothing, You'll see. (Walks out front room)

Q: (Looks at May.. Looks at Kendrick... Looks at May... Bursts out laughing) This will be very interesting.. (Follows Ab).

May: (Looks at Kendrick) Do they know something we don't...

Kendrick: Knowing them.. They are just high..

May: True (Presses play on Martin CD)...