The Test

Once upon a time, there lived a bird.

This bird was very smart. She had outsmarted cats, dogs, and other predators alike. She was a beautiful bluebird and she liked to stay really clean and talk gossip with her friends at the bird bath.

One day when she arrived, Mrs. Bluejay was screeching with excitement, "Listen it's so exciting!" "Dear Mrs. Bluejay, you must calm down or you'll lose your feathers!" Miss Bluebird said. "Oh yes," said Miss Waxwing, "Do tell us what is going on."
"Did you hear? A male bluejay (besides my mate) told me that a male bluebird has found a nest box and is looking for a smart mate!" "Ooh," peeped Chickadee, "That could mean you Miss Bluebird." Miss Bluebird sighed, "Oh, well Mrs. Bluejay are you sure?" "Oh yes I met him myself!" squealed Mrs. Bluejay. And with that, Miss Bluebird flew away towards where Mister Bluebird awaited her with a test.

When she arrived he greeted her with a song, "Tura-lee-tura-a-lee!" After he finished he told her to outsmart a cat as the first test. Miss Bluebird giggled, "I can do that easily." she told him. "You don't understand Miss, this is the best bird catching cat around," he replied calmly. "You mean Harrison?" she gasped. "Yes, fly safe Bluey." "Thank you sir." she stuttered, then wobbly took off and flew towards Harrison's home town.