1.02: 𝓗𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮

Y/N SAT DOWN On the hood of his car at five in the morning, he found himself lost in thought. Memories flooded back, including the last time he saw or heard from his dad.

It wasn't the perfect goodbye. But Y/N did learn a bit more about the ring he wore around his neck and his family.

F L A S H B A C K

"Y/N," Nathan yelled from downstairs. "We need to talk."

Y/N walked downstairs with his headset off and sat down at the table, but he noticed that his dad was wearing a suit.

"Why are you dressed like that?" Y/N asked skeptically.

Nathan took a deep breath, putting his elbows on the table. "Me and Sully we're going away—"

 "Me and Sully we're going away—"

"Again," Y/N exclaimed angrily. "Why? Why do you always go away?"

Nathan knew what he was talking about. He wasn't there for most of Y/N's life, and his son was forced to grow up faster than he wanted. He missed most of Y/N's birthdays, achievements, and happy times he could have shared with his son. He wasn't there.

"Y/N I'm sorry," he said with a sad tone. "I swear this is gonna be one of the last—"

Y/N scoffed. "You said that the last time as well, the one where you magically dangled of a mountain in a train. With a bullet wound."

Nathan let out a low chuckle. "Yeah, buddy listen." He took off his necklace and held it up. "This here is my harbinger of luck, and I want you to have it from now on."

Y/N took the ring slowly in his hands, feeling its weight and significance.

"What's so special about it?" He asked not impressed.

"It's a ring that belongs to our family. It was put in museum I just rightfully took it back." Nathan shrugged.

"You mean stole," Y/N corrected looking at the engravings on the ring reading it aloud. "Parvis M-"

Nathan cut his son of. "Sic Parvis Magna' it means 'greatness from small beginnings' that was Drake Francis his motto your-"

"Yeah, I get it he's been dead for a few centuries." Y/N cut him off.

"Yeah, you see, Queen Elizabeth gave it to him in 1581, when he got back to England after circumnavigating the globe. That's when she made him a knight."

Y/N put the necklace around his neck "Thanks dad for giving this to me.
It seems us Drakes have a knack for traveling around the globe."

Nathan chuckled, getting up from the table. "Yeah, we do." He said.

Y/N pursed his lips to say something, his gaze distance away of that of his fathers, but he couldn't form any words.

Nathan walked to the door unlocking it but he stopped and looked over his shoulder as he contemplated the words before mustering up a. "I love you"