1.04: 𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻

"YEAH BUT YOU CAN'T QUIT."

Miguel tried to reason with Demetri who was complaining about Miguel's sensei and his way of teaching.

Demetri starting counting on his fingers. "I got yelled at, got my ass kicked and then gave him my money." He looked at Y/N "you know who lives like that?"

"Hookers?" Y/N replied uncertain.

"Exactly, -"

"Yeah, but he's not a bad guy. You gotta give him a chance. You don't know him like I do," Miguel tried to convince Demetri but it wasn't working.

"He's right, Demetri. He's not a bad guy," Y/N said, backing up Miguel while adjusting the backpack on his shoulder.

Demetri scoffed. "That. . . That's hooker talk." He said now wrapping his arms around the both of his friends. "Besides I don't need to learn karate when I have you two."

They saw Kyler standing there glancing their way and then back at the book he had in his hands before he walked off.

"See? no one is gonna wanna mess with you guys," Demetri said almost laughing at how Kyler just walked off like he'd seen a demon.

The bell went and Miguel walked to his class leaving Demetri and Y/N alone, while groups of students walked through the hallways on there way to their own classes.

Y/N turned to Demetri and sighed shaking his head probably gonna regret the thing he's gonna do. "You really want to learn karate?" He asked the slightly taller skinny kid.

"Yeah, but—"

"Yeah, but—"

"—No buts, you either do it or you don't. Look Karate It's the kind of thing were, once you go down it's path you never go back," Y/N said before walking away with a simple wave over his shoulder.

Demetri processed the words he had just heard, glancing at the clock above him and seeing that he was two minutes late to class.

". . . Shit I'm late," Demetri mumbled, speed walking to his class.

• • • •

"Y/N YOU GOTTA TAKE THE CAR TO THE GARAGE,"

Chloe said, hiding her cut on her forehead, a few minutes ago before her son came home early because his schedule changed, she accidentally crashed his car.

"What?" He asked his mouth agape. "Why?"

She looked down fiddling with her fingers like a child in trouble. "I. . .I kinda crashed your car,"