Lee's perspective

Before the break of day, I was out on the training field, practicing the taijutsu move Gai Sensei had shown me the evening prior. As I worked to hone my ability, I found my mind wandering. The thought of Y/N kept me from focusing on the task at hand completely.

She was pretty, *really* pretty. The way her nose scrunched when I made her laugh. *I* made her laugh. That made me feel special. despite my title as the Leaf villages handsome devil, I had never had much interest in the girls from the Leaf, besides for Sakura. Though, that was a fleeting crush, as I could tell her heart was set on Sasuke.
It wasn't that the Leaf's girls weren't pretty, or funny, or easy to be around. It was that Y/N was *more* pretty, and funny AND easy to be around.

I mustn't let this affect our new relationship as teammates! I cannot let a little crush make Y/N feel uncomfortable. Although.. the way her hands felt in mine last night, and her eyes sparkled when she looked at me as we parted.

My mind has wandered too far now, I span to land a final blow on the practice dummy, instead jamming my thumb. The pain broke my stream of consciousness.

I sat down to assess any possible damages, and another thought crossed my mind.

"We were to hang out tonight!"