5

Maximilian

Two weeks have passed since we last spoke. Within those two weeks, it's as if everything has gone back to the way it was before. There's no more interaction between us, we go out with our circle of friends, go to bars with our circle, hang out at Caspian's condo, and party at Serenity's house. Everything has returned to the way it used to be.

Kahit siya. Kahit siya ay bumalik sa dati niyang ugali.

As for me and Miko, we've also been done for two weeks. I broke up with him over a phone call. As I said, titikim ako at mag-sasawa rin, just like a Maximilian always does. That's what I always do.

Right now, I'm just having flings. I haven't hooked up with anyone in the past two weeks. I just don't feel it.

We are now at Kuya Cas' condo. We're reviewing for an upcoming quiz. We're all sitting at the same table, which is Kuya Cas' dining table. We're all serious in our reading and writing when suddenly my phone rings. It's my mom calling.

I excuse myself from them to take the call from my mom.

Ako:
Yes, mom?

Mom:
Anak, are you with Amara right now?

Si Amara na naman. Sino ba talaga ang anak sa atin?

I discreetly glanced at the person she was referring to, who is in the middle of the dining table, facing me. She's reading a book with a blank expression on her face. To be honest, she doesn't really need to be reading that because she's already smart. Nag-sasayang lang siya ng oras.

Ako:
Kasama ko sila lahat, mom. Bakit?

My parents know my friends, and the parents of my friends know us as well.

Mom:
Then that's good. Your Aunt Aila's birthday is coming up this week. There's going to be a night party at their house, and we're invited, as well as your and Amara's friends.

Oh yeah, how did I forget Aunt Aila's birthday. Aunt Aila is cool, just like my mom. But her face looks so masungit, yet her personality is as gentle as can be. It's just that she and her husband, Tito Anthony, never really have time.

Ako:
Are you and Dad going? You're in the States right now, 'di ba?

Mom:
We'll be coming home tomorrow night, so be ready to come home for dinner at the house tomorrow, okay?

Ako:
Okay po.

Mom:
Okay, I'm hanging up now, ha? Text or call me or your dad whenever you need us. I love you and take care! We miss you, Anak!

Ako:
Love you, mom.

I went back to my seat again. Caspian looked at me and asked.

"Tita Maxine?"

"Yeah, mom called because it's Aunt Aila's birthday this week. She's asking us to come kasi may night party daw na gaganapin, and we're all invited." Everyone was interested in what I was saying, so they were all looking at me, except for Amara, who was just listening.

"Yes! Iinom na naman ako!" Serenity said. What a party animal. Walwalera talaga.

"Whoo! Pahinga na may konting inom!" Isa pa itong si Cedric.

"Sus! Ang sabihin niyo mangaakit lang kayo ng mga tao doon para may maka-hook up kayo. Ara, tell your helpers to lock all the guest rooms," Ava said meaningfully, which is why she immediately received a beating from the two.