12

Maximilian

"Max, talk to Amara properly. Don't let her slip away from you," he said as I hurriedly changed my clothes. After that, he left the room before telling me that he was going to Cedric's place.

I put on the clothes I wore earlier since they weren't dirty. Kinuha ko ang cellphone ko mula sa mesa sa tabi ng kama at lumabas ng kwarto. When I opened the door, I saw Caspian lying on the carpet in the hallway with blood on the side of his lip.

"Cas!" I quickly ran to him to help him stand up. My gaze then shifted to the front where Amara stood, looking angry.

"Fuck you, Caspian! I trusted you! I thought you were different. How dare you touch my own property. Damn you, Caspian. Tangina," she was about to attack him as I restrained her with my hand.

"Luzshana, leave! Stay away from Caspian," I said with full authority. I was startled by her fiery gaze, filled with anger. Her eyes were so full of rage that it seemed like she wanted to punch me too.

Muling bumalik ang kanyang tingin kay Caspian, na naka-higa pa rin habang may dugo sa bibig.

"I hate you. I fucking hate you, Caspian," she said, looking at him with a fierce expression. "I swear, Vaughn... I swear that you will regret this. I will make you beg for my forgiveness, that you will worship all the saints just to be forgiven by me." Her cold words sent shivers down my spine.

It felt like a cold shock ran through my entire body because of what she said. After that, she forcefully pushed Caspian onto his knees and left abruptly in front of us. She entered the adjacent room, slamming the door forcefully.

What's gotten into you, Amara?

I didn't pay attention to Amara for the moment and gently helped Caspian up from the floor. I brought him back into our room to treat him.

"I never thought Amara had that kind of strength to break my lips," he said, chuckling softly. May gana pa siyang ngumiti.

"Idiot. Sit here, gagamutin ko yang sugat mo—" I was about to turn away when he spoke up quickly.

"Come on, Max... Go to Amara. I can handle myself. Go ahead. I know there are things you're not telling us, but let it be for now. Sort things out with Amara first," he smiled gently and slightly pushed me to indicate that I should leave.

Walang nagawa kundi sundin ko siya. Kahit gusto kong gamutin ang sugat niya, hindi ko magawa dahil pinaalis niya ako. Lumabas ako ng kwarto at ngayon ay nakatayo na ako sa harap ng pinto ng kwarto nila Amara.

Narinig ko ang mga malalakas na ingay mula sa loob. Dahil may access din ako sa kwarto nila Amara, binuksan ko ito dahil hindi niya ako papapasukin kapag kumatok ako.

Pagpasok ko, ako ay sinalubong ng magulong kuwarto. Ang mga gamit ay naka-kalat sa sahig at ang ilang vase ay nabasag. Even picture frames and paintings that were hanging were now on the floor, also broken.

Nakita ko siya na nakatayo sa tabi ng kama, nakatalikod sa akin. Ang kanyang mga galaw ay mariin habang siya ay abala sa kanyang ginagawa. Nang masiguro ko kung ano ang kanyang ginagawa, agad akong lumapit sa kanya.

"Amara, stop what you're doing. Let's talk—why did you do that to Caspian?" She didn't pay attention to me and continued packing her things.

She is doing things in a very messy way, and her things no longer fit in her suitcase kahit malaki naman ito. I immediately grabbed her hand to stop her from what she was doing.