9

Maximilian

Kinabukasan, narito na ang mga kaibigan namin ni Amara, kahit sinabi ko na ayaw kong pumunta sila.

They brought drinks like beer. They didn't want to get drunk today, so they opted for beer instead. Only three departments have classes on campus for a month. They were grateful that their department wasn't included.

They were all on the sofa with Amara, who intentionally left a space beside her, reserving it for me. She didn't want anyone to sit in that space. I grabbed some chips from my pantry area to bring to our table.

"Hindi mo sinabi na nandito ka pala," Cedric said to Amara, who seemed indifferent. She e had a serious expression, making it seem like she wasn't clingy when it was just the two of us.

I sat next to Amara. She voluntarily rested her arm on the sofa's armrest behind me.

"Bakit ayaw niyo kaming papuntahin kahapon dito? Ubos na ba ang stocks mo dito, Maxi?" Ava asked me. I shook my head and spoke.

"Magulo ang condo kahapon, Van. I needed to clean—"

"Magulo? Since when did your condo become messy?" After saying that, she took a sip of her beer. I suddenly felt nervous at what Cas said.

"Luna did it," Amara interjected into the conversation.

"What?" Caspian exclaimed.

"A girl?" Both girls asked simultaneously.

"Totoo?!" Si Cedric.

Hindi pa nila nakikilala si Luna kaya siguro ganyan sila mag-react. Suddenly, a white dog came out of my room and ran to Amara.

To her momma.

"Hi Luna," Amara greeted Luna with a simple smile on her lips.

"Ah, aso.." Cedric said. They all calmed down upon realizing that Luna was actually a female dog. Who wouldn't be surprised if they thought I was bringing a girl here. And they knew I was gay.

They all took turns holding Luna, and Luna reciprocated the gesture. She seemed happy, probably because she had new playmates.

"Baby mo?" Tanong ni Cedric sa akin.

"Our baby—"

"Oo! Baby ko!" I quickly echoed what Amara was supposed to say. I didn't want them to know our current situation, especially since it's complicated.

A moment of silence enveloped us before Caspian spoke again.

"Tutal lahat naman tayo ay may isang buwan na pahinga. Maybe you'd like to join me in Palawan? Besides, Mommy wants me to go to one of our beaches there for business, so I thought, why not bring you guys along?"

Katulad namin, they also have many beach resorts in the Philippines, especially in Palawan. At ang dagat ay tunay na nagbibigay ng pahinga. I know that the sea is one of Amara's favorites. She used to love wading in the sea when we were kids.

Before, she used to ask permission from her nanny and my parents if she could bring me to the beach. She would drag me to the shore and soak me in the seawater. Minsan, maghahabulan kami hanggang sa mapagod ang aming mga katawan.

"Palawan?!" Serenity exclaimed.

"Sige, why not diba? Minsan lang tayo magkaroon ng matinong pahinga. Kailan ba?" Ava asked.