07:

07:

'a message from you in the morning, i'm surprised you even called me'
- if i get to meet you, benee

'He's actually applying pressure?" Palesa asked me.

When I came back from school, the first thing I did was walk to her room. Being at school exhausted me for some reason and I had missed Palesa so I decided to give her a visit, and possibly take a nap in her bedroom.

"Yeah, we hung out last night," I smiled.

Palesa eyed me from her desk, and then got up and walked to her fridge.

"That's surprising," she said, whipping out a bottle of juice and pouring it into a rinsed glass.

"What do you mean?" I said, folding my legs under me.

Palesa handed me a glass of cranberry juice, and sat next to me on the bed.

"He ghosted Lerato after she gave him head," she sighed.

For some odd reason, this did nothing to me, because I somehow knew that Luca's reputation wasn't unscathed.

"Hm," I said, not really sure how to respond to that.

"I'm just saying, don't put your whole self into whatever it is that he's trying to do with you. Leave at least a pinky finger out," Palesa shrugged and I laughed.

I tried to approach everything with caution. I had to learn from the mistakes that I made in my past talking stages. Pouring out your heart into something that wasn't guaranteed to last, was a dangerous thing to do.

"Where's Aiden?" I asked her and a smile started to form on her face.

"Where's Aiden?" she repeated and I giggled.

"Gosh, I like him," she sighed, "remember I told you that I have the tendency to feel like I'm too much when I like someone?"

I nodded. Palesa often found herself feeling like she was pouring way too much into someone else's cup. Whenever that person pulled back, she would do more in an effort to prove that she's worthy of being loved. It was a flaw that I think I had, too.

"He doesn't make me feel like that. Aiden does enough. I don't feel like I'm 'too much' because he's meeting all my needs."

I smiled.

"He sounds perfect," I told her but she shook her head.

"They all are in the beginning." she admitted and I got hit with a wave of the memories from my past talking stages.

She was right. None of these boys were ever consistent.

Just then, my phone vibrated. Another text from Luca.

luca vasari: let's go bowling

now?

luca vasari: you need an hour to get ready?

yea.