38. Welcoming the baby

I woke up due to voices in the room. I opened my eyes and looked around the room. Ishu , adi , avni , agastya , ru and bhai all were present in the room. Bhai was talking with ansh , while others were busy gushing over shivansh.

"Ansh ?" All the heads snapped towards me. Everyone quickly hurdled towards my side , asking about my well being. I assured everyone and they again got back to gush over the baby.

"Had a good sleep ?" Ansh asked softly.

"Yes , what time is it ?"

"9 am." I nodded.

Ansh and i were talking when a loud cry broke our trance. Ru handed me the baby and everyone left the room except ansh.

"Is my cutie pie hungry ?" I baby talked and helped the baby to latch on his food.

"Isn't he so cute ?" Ansh asked in a daze and I agreed.

"But don't you boys , hate it when someone calls you cute ?"

"But he is my baby and he is cute , so I will call him cute. He can't deny me." Ansh spoke in a cute way. I giggled.

"You are so cute." I spoke and saw him slightly blushing. I grinned at him.

"I-i will just go and ask , if we can take you home." He shuttered and hurriedly left the room. I chuckled at him.

"Is my baby full ? Hm ?" I softly cooed , he was looking at me with his doe eyes.

I gently made him lay his head on my shoulder , trying to make him burp. When he was done burping , I softly rocked him in my arms , trying to make him sleep.

"Anya , the doctor gave us a green signal to take you home." Ansh spoke entering the ward.

"Shhh." I gestured him towards the half asleep baby in my arms. He realised and walked towards me.

"I completed the discharge formalities , we can go home." He whispered lowly. I nodded my head.

"Did everyone leave ?"

"Yeah , they left a long time back." I nodded.

"Let me put him in the crib." I nodded and he took the baby in his arms.

________________

As Ansh carefully drove back from the hospital, i cradled our precious bundle, my eyes brimming with love and exhaustion. The little one , swaddled in soft blankets, slept peacefully, unaware of the world around him.

Ansh stole glances at us both, I saw the look of protectiveness and love in his eyes for us.

"Look at him, Anya, Our little miracle." he whispered, his voice filled with awe.

I smiled, my gaze not leaving from my baby.

"He's perfect, Ansh. Absolutely perfect."

As we approached our home , i noticed something different. The front yard was adorned with twinkling lights, and there was a banner that read.

"Welcome Home, Baby!"

Ansh parked the car, and he helped me step down. He helped me walk to the front door, it swung open, revealing our family members and friends standing there, beaming with joy.

"Surprise!" they exclaimed in unison, holding balloons and gifts.

My eyes widened in delight, and i clutched Ansh's hand tightly, feeling overwhelmed with love and happiness.

Maa rushed forward, enveloping me in a warm hug.

"Welcome home, dear. We've been waiting for this moment!"