Chapter 11: I Did not Remember

"Do you remember this?" Eri asks. Eros looks at the photobook that Eri is holding and is placed on her lap. The two of them are watching a movie and Eri thought it's a great idea to get their wedding photo book to look at it. As the light of the television lights on the page of the photo book, Eros was taken back to that very moment captured in the photo. It was him, wearing a white tux paired with a peach tie, and he remembers very well the reason while he was teary eyed while smiling at that very moment.

It was because he was looking at her, the love of his life, Eri.

"White tuxedos always suit you the best. I always knew that." Eri giggles

(Flashback, Eros and Eri's Wedding)
It was as if the world did stop turning. As if Eros was gifted a chance to just take a look on her bride without having the time to stop him from doing so. As his fiancee, that is soon to be her wife walks in the aisle of the garden where the two of them decided to get married, with her father and mother on her both sides. wearing the gown that he thought was the most beautiful gown that he saw in this life— he was suddenly reminded of the responsibility that he is going to have today, to hold her until the day the two of them dies.

"Eros Ravi Choi, never ever let go of that woman's hand or you'll go crazy." He murmurs to himself.

She was just so beautiful. People do write about love in letters, books and dramas, but he never knew how love could make your heart race like you're going to die until now. He never recognized love in this kind of light, in vivid colors and happiest shades there is, he never knew of love until he looked at her right now.

She reaches him, he takes her by the hand as he pay respects to her parents. Her mom and Dad gave him a hug and congratulated him. He was about to cry. He was about to become married and the most beautiful thing about this union is he's going to marry the love of his life, not just any girl, but the girl that refused to make his life heavier by just existing with him everyday.

"I told you you shouldn't cry, Eros." Eri says as she chuckle at him, even though she's about to cry too. Her chest feels like exploding. So this is what marriage feels like. It's like she's given a chance to wake up from a good dream and live in it. It was just so wonderful and beautiful it cannot be put into words. She can't explain it but the greatest thing about it is that she is happy.

"You're so beautiful, Ares Athena. You make me want to cry. I'm gonna marry you." Eros says. "Even if you say no to me today, I'm still gonna marry you. No one's going home until you say yes."

Eri laughs. "We should get going, the priest is waiting."

(Present)
"Why are you crying? Eros? Hey." Eri places her hand on Eros' cheek to check on him. He looks so out of it. The two of them were just looking on the pictures and having a little chat when he started crying out of nowhere.

"How could I forget all of these things?" he says, he then looks back at Eri and lets out a sob. "How could I let you go that easily?"

"Eros..." Eri says as she look at him break down. All of these just because she decided to divorce him. All of these because she decided to leave him unattended without explaining why she wanted to break up with him.

"I'm sorry, Eri." Eros says as tears stream down his pale face. "I'm sorry I did not remember how I love you. I always knew it will never go away. I was wrong to try to move forward and fight it away. I was wrong for abandoning my feelings for you. I was wrong for leaving you alone all these past months, I—."

Eri does not know what to say. She's not good with words, let alone comfort even the man that she chose to marry and love for the rest of her life. She was stupid for not learning the skill of good communication but she has to do something just to get him snap out of his anxiety episode, so she did what she could do.

She kissed him in the middle of his talking.

she kissed him mainly to shut him up, but also to let him know that everything is alright with her.

"Do you remember the dinosaur we built?" she asks as she let go of his face and his lips. Damn she wanted to kiss him more but that is not just the way to keep him sane right now.

"Y-yes, why?" Eros asks, still strembling from the shock he had from Eri's kiss. This is the first time they kissed for almost two years and he cannot process what to feel.

"You said you'll make more with me." she says, she places her left hand on his cheeks and smiles at him. "You said you'll beat the dinosaur out of us. So don't do this, Eros. Don't beat yourself just because of the pain and mistakes we could have endured together at the past. I, too.. made a huge mistake." she says. She never knew she is actually capable of saying this words to someone. But I guess love sometimes make you smarter in a way.

"Right." Eros says, smiling as he hold Eri's hand that is calmly placed on his cheeks. "I'm going to be strong for you, for the both of us."

Eri nods wigh a smile. "Those memories are just for the books now, let's make new ones and move forward."