Chapter 12: I loved you, In Silence and In Despair

(2 Years Ago)
(The next day after Eri told Eros she wants Divorce)
"She wants me to sign it?" Eros asks as he stare at the paper in front of their coffee table in their main lounge. "Eri wants me to sign it?"

Mingyu could only just nod. Eros loses composure for a minute and kneels down with a loud cry. "Eri wants to divorce me? But why?" He asks himself even more. "Have you talked with my twin sister? What did she say? Can't she tell Eri not to do this to me?"

The rain is still pouring heavily outside. The electricity even went out a few hours ago and the repairmen cannot reach their home due to the heavy flooding around their area. Thank God their home is elevated and wouldn't be affected by the flood on the roadways.

"She's not responding. I think she's with Eri. Trying to help your wife with the repairs on your electricity." Mingyu answers.

Well, Eri is an Industrial Engineer that majored in Research and Design but she does learn things very well really fast. That's why she could even do electrical repairs.

"I will go to them." Eros says as he try to stand up and head towards their basement where Eri is doing the repairs.

"It's best not to approach her in this times." Mingyu says with a sigh. "Just do as she says."

"I can't just let her divorce me, Mingyu! She's my wife. The person that I love! I will never live the same as I do right now without her!" Eros complains. "I need to talk to her. Please help me."

"You have to give her time!" Mingyu exclaims. "Even if that means you have to lose her. You can always win her back. If the person you love asks for freedom, you have to give it. You have to understand that you're married but you cannot keep her in line like a puppet!"

Eros looks back at Mingyu. As much as he hates it. His words actually makes sense and it drives him insane.

"You have to prove to her that you love her and you trust her with her decisions so much that you're willing to take this road with her."

So in that day, Eros signed the papers. He let her decide what she needs to happen and the two of them suffered alone in silence.

He could hear her cries in her room every single night, morning and even mid-days, he cries as well. He does not like to not do anything bụt it's actually risky to do something as well. He loves her, and just like Mingyu said, he has to trust her in this one.

It's been 2 days since the divorce. Eros and Eri haven't told their parents yet. Eri went back to her daily work routine which takes all of her hours at night researching and making studies in her work laboratory and Eros is trying his best to hold on with his trust on his now ex-wife, Eri.

"Eri, it's me." Eros lays down on Eri's work lab's door. His is back comfortably positioned against the door while his hands tremble as he pour another shot of whiskey on his glass. He never liked whiskeys, but it's the only liquor in their home. Eri does not fancy it too. They barely drink it. The reason why they stock whiskey bottles is because they don't wanna enjoy and encourage themselves to drink, so they've been buying the only alcohol that they don't really like for years.

But here is Eros, drinking the whiskey he thought he wouldn't like drinking. It used to taste so bitter but it taste so bland now that he's practically broken hearted.

"How are you doing in there? It's 11:47 PM already. Have you drank your medicines? You have too. You know that if you don't drink them in time, you're going to have really painful headaches in the morning."

Eri could hear all his words and she knew very well that he is drinking. His voice is hoarse and she can hear the ice clinking from his glass.

"Don't you think it's funny?" Eros laughs. "My name is Eros. Eros is well known with his games of love, yet I cannot do anything to win this relationship with you."

She wanted to open the door and hug him. But she cannot do that. She can't just because she does not want to make him feel like she's messing with him.

And simply because she cannot communicate with him, she's just not the type of person to do so.

"I love you. I always loved you and I will always do. I'll die out of lying if I tell you that I could actually move on from you." He says, breath hitched as his tone gets higher as he cry. "But if you want me to leave you for a while, I will do as you ask. I don't.. I don't quite get and understand why we have to go through this but I believe that.. no. I don't want you to think that I am dictating your choices in the future." he says as he gulp down, his tears slowly drowning his senses. He was in pain for days but it was as if the pain is making him numb right now. "I hope in the end of this line, you still choose to be with me. I hope that whenever you get to make up your mind, you still remember to miss me and tell me that you're ready for me already."

Eri shoves the papers in her hands and takes a big breath. This person. She loves him so dearly, but she knows that if she let him in, all these things in front of her that she worked so hard to get in her years in college could suddenly disappear.

Tears pour down her pale face and she let out a cry. A silent but a painful one.

"I loved you, in silence and in despair and will continue doing so. Good night and good riddance, my love."