Chapter 13: Cherries and Cheollie

The days are passing by very slowly. Eri is still on suspension but Eros likes the way everyday unfolds for the two of them. They haven't really talked about anything about their relationship but they have been including each other in their everyday lives now. It's actually funny how Eros opens his eyes automatically at 6:00 AM now, the most early he had been awaken for months. He was excited to spend the day with Eri. So excited that he threw his phone away somewhere in his couch, his phone that probably has more than three hundred and fifteen messages and calls from Jian.

Eri also wakes up very much early than she usually do, at 7:30 AM, she is already wide awake, turning away from her bedroom door and stomping her feet lightly on the stairs.

Eros hears her footsteps and immediately smiles to himself,

"Good morning, Eri!" Eros says from the kitchen, he tries his best not to sound so excited with the fact that his lover is already awake but damn, he is. He was so excited that he wanted to jump it out of his system but he likes the feeling so nevermind.

"Good morning, Eros." Eri smiles, she is still half asleep and is almost tumbling down their stairs but she did her best not to. "Did you cook something again?"

"I did! Come on to the kitchen now!" Eros says.

"I will. Just a second."

Eri reaches the kitchen. Her head is not aching so much now but she still feel dizzy. As the sun's light suddenly shines through the room and points exactly at the position where Eri stood, her eyes closed automatically. That was the very moment where Eros stopped mixing the hot chocolate he was making for her to just look at Eri. She has her eyes closed tightly but she just looks like an Angel.

"Ah, my eyes." Her now long dark chocolate that is usually black when the sunlight is not pointing at her falls gracefully as she walks and her face is just so alluring, just like of those of an angel. Even though he knew that she is a very cold person, the thought of her warming up to him sends shivers down his spine in a good way. He wants it to happen so bad.

"Come, Eri. Sit here." Eros manages to say as he breaks away from the trance Eri places him in every single time he has the chance to look at her without any distractions.

"Wow, Cherries and Pancakes? You did not have to prepare so much, Eros." Eri says. She loves Cherries and Blueberries. It's that Eros was reminded of her more everytime he sees cherries in the grocery store so he buys a lot of them.

 It's that Eros was reminded of her more everytime he sees cherries in the grocery store so he buys a lot of them

"I'm sorry I just have to. I know you love cherries." He says with a grin. "Do you want to eat now?" He asks.

Eri likes the way Eros asks her everything before deciding on something. It makes her feel like she was important and heard. It makes her feel like he is not invalidating her feelings and he wants her to know that he's always ready to understand her.

"Yes, please. Let's eat." She replies. "But do you even know why I like cherries?" Eri suddenly asks.

Eros sits down on the chair on her front and smiles at him. "Hmm? Why?" He was so happy he just couldn't stop smiling like some fool. Eri was already engaging to small talks with him. That was just fantastic. "I believe you never really told me why."

"They remind me of your name." She says as she take a bite on the cherry on the top of her pancake. "They remind me of you."

Sure, the cherries on top of their pancake looks delicious but Eros would be lying if he told you that her lips don't look ravishing and luscious as she eats them. It was almost like Eros would fancy tasting those lips for this morning instead of this pancakes.

Those lips that kissed him like they mean it, just a few days ago.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Eros asks as he laugh lightly.

"Cherry, Cheollie. Cherry— Cheollie. Your korean name is Seungcheol, Cheol. They sound like Cherries. Cherries and Cheollie." she says in a cute manner. At this rate, Seungcheol will lose his mind. How could she do this to him? "and you both taste sweet to me."

Eros looks away while choking on his hot chocolate, "Hey, are you alright?" Eri asks but she has a huge grin on her face. The chocolate drink drips down on Eros' lips and he gasps for air.

"D-don't do this to me." Eros manages to say. His heart races so fast that if it continues, it's either he'll die because of a heart attack or because his heart will actually explode out of his chest.

"Are you alright? You spilled a lot of chocolates, let me help you, love." and Eri kisses him. Oh what the fuck is happening? She lets him go and Eros almost holds her steady because he wants more but he respects her "You're so funny when you're flustered, Eros. I like it."

"Eri, I don't really understand what is happening but.. I hope you're not playing with me because I'm gonna die with the things you're doing to me."

"I am not playing with you." Eri says proudly. "I'm sorry I left you unattended Eros. I abandoned you. It took me years just to understand what I did and how my issues with communication ate me alive." she says with a small smile on her face. "So if you let me, can the two of us figure this out together in our own phases? Can't we start again, Cheollie?"

A few moments ago, he was just about to die because of his heart, right now, he was about to cry because he was so touched by her words.

"I've waited ages to see you here, in this very situation, Eri. I am more than willing to start again with you."