Chapter 15: Operation Pulang Damuhan (Operation Bloody Plains)

City of Presyon, Electorate of Presyop—
December 14, 1357 FT; 9:44 AZ—

Across the several brick buildings and residences of Presyon, riding upon their cobbled streets were several Filipino soldiers riding their growling metal beasts, slowly making their way through the city. Numerous bystanders and local citizenry watched in full awe and fear of the Filipinos, whose army was now at their doorstep.

Before the entrance of the castle of the Fauna, where the Presyopite electors convened for their daily assembly. A small green jeep appeared where a group of five men dismounted, all men wore the same uniform, that of battle fatigues and a patrol cap cladded by jungle DPM camo. Respectively, their uniforms and caps denoted their ranks, with Tadeo possessing two dark stars on the front of his cap.

"Major-General." The Ambassador of the Philippines to Presyop extended his hand to MGen Tadeo, who was still on the stairs to the entrance.

MGen Tadeo accepted the handshake. "'Gandang Umaga, Ambassador. Quite a confusing sight, isn't it?"

"I never thought I'd see our troops going through a medieval city where beastmen people live." The ambassador responded before excusing himself and presenting the entranceway. "The Generals of Presyop and some of their important ministers are already present."

"Good, let's make this brief. I already got an entire battalion combat team to the front, more on the way." MGen Tadeo gave a short nod before entering the Castle of the Fauna.

As Mgen Tadeo and his staff walked through the interior of the Castle of the Fauna, many beastmen workers excused themselves, as if MGen and his staff were carrying the flu. Just by the uniform and aura of the four men, they unconsciously moved away from their path.

Even though they were there to defend and aid them in the war, some of them just rule out the possibility of betrayal.

So much for us being allies... MGen Tadeo thought as he stared into the beastmen, who refused even the smallest of eye contact.

Reaching their assigned meeting room, MGen Tadeo and his staff were greeted by an entire classroom's worth of generals and electors, staring at their appearance.

Stretching his collar, MGen Tadeo breathed in a sigh and walked towards the front of the room, his staff following behind. Upon reaching the front, the attentive and unwavering eyes of the Beastmen kept at him.

The awkward and uncomfortable atmosphere was deafening to Tadeo's ears. He had attended many meetings with politicians, fellow generals, and even foreign politicians and generals. However, never had he seemed more nervous than meeting his beastmen allies today.

"Good morning, S—" Remembering that he was speaking to beastmen and not humans, he reworded himself. "Sorry, fellow generals and ministers of Presyop. I am Major-General Tadeo, the commander of the Philippine Expeditionary Force to Presyop, or PEFTOPRE."

He added, staring into the foreheads of the beastmen officials. "If you have any questions regarding our plan and methods. I will answer them with the best of intentions and sincerity."

Immediately, a gorilla-like beastman raised his hand and stood up. "I've heard you've recaptured Sphesnis, from what I've heard, you're knights are providing for them?"

Tadeo nodded in agreement, followed by a clipped statement. "Yes, It is common practice for our soldiers to care for the wounded and the ill. Regardless of affiliation or race. It is completely free; you have no debt to pay if you are to ask."

The Gorrillian nodded, satisfied but still skeptical of his answer, before sitting down. The Gorrillian was then followed by an Anurite general who jumped to the front. After landing on the table, shocking Tadeo and his staff, the Anurite respectfully stood up.