Black: Part One

The Bunker is eerily quiet. You get out of bed and look around the bare room Sam stuffed you in—the room you dedicated to yourself just in case you and Dean ever needed some time apart from each other. You walk to the closed bedroom door when something catches the lamp's light on the bedside table.

It's a necklace. A necklace you got right after Joanna was born. You pick up the delicate stone and stare at it in thought. You and Dean got matching jewelry pieces with Joanna's birthstone on it.

"Dean, look at this one," you smiled and held up matching rings with her birthstone on them.

"Sweetheart, the only ring I want on my finger is yours. You know I'm not much of a jewelry man."

"How about this one?" You held up a matching set that contained a woman's necklace and a man's ring. "We can get you a chain so you can wear it around your neck. You've worn necklaces before. Do you remember the amulet Sam got you for Christmas? You didn't take it off for three years."

Dean walked over to you and admired the simple ring. He could see himself wearing a simple silver chain with this looped around it.

"Yeah, I think we can do that," Dean smiled.

Joanna is the only kid you got jewelry with her birthstone on it for. You were going to get one for Maryann, but she was born at a time when life was hard for you. Oh well. You put the necklace on and walk out of your room in search of... something. Anyone. Something to do. You pass by your shared room with Dean and peek inside only to see it empty. The bed sheets are rumpled as if someone had been lying on them and didn't make the bed after they left it.

You continue on your way and find yourself in the empty kitchen. Well, since you're here, may as well make something to drink. The coffee machine beeps to life when you plug it in, and you grab a glass from the cabinet above you when you hear someone walk into the kitchen from behind you.

"Hi."

It's Dean and he's got a voice that's deeper than normal.

"Hi," you say without turning around.

You open the drawer where all the flavor coffee pods are and take a few seconds to think about which one you want. Once you have a flavor in mind, you grab the right pod and stick it into the machine.

"I'm leaving the Bunker."

"Okay."

You still haven't turned around to face him which makes him furrow his brows in confusion. You walk over to the fridge to look for the creamer.

"I'm leaving the bunker with Crowley."

"I have ears. I heard you. Have fun."

"Do you not remember what happened yesterday?"

"Yeah, I was there."

You open the fridge and bend down to look for the creamer.

"I died yet I'm standing here talking to you." Okay, you're growing tired of this conversation so you stand up straight and turn to face him. Dean's eyes turn from forest green to pitch black. When you don't have the reaction he's hoping for, they return back to their normal color. "Do you not care that I'm a demon?"

You roll your eyes and go back to looking in the fridge

"Caring implies emotions, and I don't care. Where the hell did Sam put the creamer? He's always fucking moving it around," you groan in frustration. "Aha! Found it." You walk back over to the coffee machine that has finished brewing your coffee. You mix in the creamer to your liking before taking a sip. "That's fucking delicious." You turn to face Dean who is suddenly two feet from you. He grabs your jaw so hard that you drop the coffee cup in shock. "Aw man, now I have to make a new one." Dean stares into your eyes intently to try and figure out what's wrong with you. "Let go of me!"