Christopher Returns

I woke up from a night full of jet lag from Daphne's engagement party. It was nighttime, I slept through a whole day?

I walked downstairs to see Rory and my mom, sorting out the couch.

"Who's staying? Another cat or dog? Mom you really have to stop making little friends-

"It's your father." My mom replied.

"Oh, okay. Why so gloomy?" I asked.

Before she could answer, my father came downstairs from the bathroom.

"That is the worst shower, Ive ever had." He said. "Hilary, sweetie, hi."

"Hey, pops." I said.

"The water pressure kept changing every two seconds." He said, sitting on the couch. "I'm fixing it tomorrow."

"Hey, you stay away from my shower." My mother said.

I went over to out some trainers on to go outside.

"Going somewhere?" My mom asked.

"Just a delivery I need to pick up. Won't be too long." I said.

__

I wrapped my arms around him as he lifted me up on him.

"Tristan, we can't be long." I said, getting cut off by him kissing me. "My mom thinks i'm back soon."

He took my top off and I did his as he sat up in the car, kissing me all over.

"I'm serious Tristan. I can't be late. It's dark out." I said.

"Lets just, not do it. Make out. Then save 'this' for a more special and convenient time. I can wait." He replied, kissing me again.

"You'd really wait?" I said.

"Of course." He replied.

He kissed me again, this time harder as I pushed back down onto him.

"I owe you, big time."

__

I walked through the front door, silently as I checked to see if my dad was asleep. He wasn't on the couch.

"Hey." He said from behind me, making me screech.

"Oh, my, Jesus dad. Give a girl a warning." I said.

"I was just getting water." He replied. "Got your parcel?"

I looked down and believe it or not, my make out sesh with Tristan didn't create a parcel.

"They had a delivery error. Have to wait tomorrow." I said, hoping he would drop the subject.

"Talking about 'giving a girl a warning' your lipstick is smudged." He replied.

A small 'oh' left my mouth as I wiped it off.

"Got, hit by car on the way back." I laughed sarcastically. "Okay, come on dad, what will it take for you to not snitch on me to mom."

"Just, don't go around at nighttime." He said. "I know you're with your 'fella' but you have to be safe at all times."

I nodded and went up to my room. I love my dad.

__

Me, Rory and Dad walked through the park. Some of the town boys were playing baseball so Rory and Dad sat down to watch.

"I think I'm gonna, go check on my parcel." I said, winking at my dad.

I walked over to the grocery store and called up Tristan.

"Hey." I said.

"You reached Tristan, leave a message or give me a call again. And if you're Stu or Rodney, don't call my house phone again, my sister doesn't like you guys, plus she is engaged."

I tried another time but I received the same message. I huffed and went to sit down by the bench.

"Not delivered?" Dad asked.

"Not answering." I said.

__

The day zoomed by quickly and with absolutely no coffee, I stood , crooked, outside my grandparents house.

"Ive got to see my parents." Lorelai said.

"Ive gotta see my parents."  Dad said.

"Ladies and gentlemen the drama queen of Connecticut, and their drama baby." Rory said.

"Whats up with you?" Mom said.

"No coffee, no Tristan, Emily Gilmore." I said.

"Tristan's the fella?" Dad asked.

"How do you know about the fella?" Mom asked.

"I- uh - told dad about him." I said.

"Hm, right." Lorelai said.

__

"Hello, anybody home?" Mom shouted.

"Oh my god, you're here." Grandma said. "Christopher, look at you. I am so glad to see you, I didn't hear you ring the bell."

"We didn't ring the doorbell." Lorelai said.

"You let yourselves in?" Grandma asked.

"It's okay mom." Mom said.

"You usually knock." She said.

I left the conversation to go see my grandpa, sitting with my other grandparents on my father's side.

I said a small hi before looking at the drinks tray and pouring myself a glass of whisky. Met by some looks by my other grandparents I froze.

The glass was so close to my lips, what explanation could I give?

"Dad? This is for you. Had to smell, incase of, mold." I said, running out to the hallway and gulping it straight down. "All done!"

I put the glass down and sat at the living room.

__

"I see your daughter is out of control as ever, Richard." Straub said to my grandfather.

"Pop, please." Dad said.

"Tell me Lorelai, what have you been doing with your life anyway, besides from hating successful businessmen." Straub said.

"Mr Hayden, I'll have you know my mother is a very successful businesswomen herself, managing an Inn, managing two daughters and managing to not stick an olive right up your-

"I can't quite seem to place where Hilary got her alcoholic trait from. I can smell the whiskey on her breath. Makes me wonder, we should've done what we planned to do long ago when we found out 'the' dreaded news. Francine, we had better leave." Straub said.

I stood quite behind my mother as Francine apologised and Straub had already left.

"Can we just go home." I said.

"Yes, sweetie." My mother said. "We can go home."

__