Star-Crossed Lovers & Other Strangers

I got to Stars Hollow, leaving Tristan's car as we both walked over to Luke's.

"So, it's Rory and Dean's big day today." I said to Tristan.

"Wedding? And I wasn't invited?" Tristan said, sarcastically pretending to be hurt.

"Three month anniversary." I said.

"Three months? She managed to keep a relationship for three months with that - nevermind." Tristan said.

We sat down in Luke's and ordered two coffees.

"So, remember about how I owe you." I said.

"Hmm, I don't recall. Maybe more details will help?" He said.

"Funny. Well, I was thinking we could have a really nice dinner. On Friday. Or something." I said.

"Dinner, huh? That wasn't the deal we made." He said.

"No I know, but I think a dinner would nice. Ans who knows what could happen after that?" I said.

"Well, I like the sound of that." He replied.

"I don't. Just the coffees?" Luke asked.

"Yes, and, none of your business." I said.

__

"I want to cook." Mom said.

"You can make soup." I replied.

"No, I want to really cook. Like on the food channel. I want to sauté things, and chop things and do the BAM! I want to arrange things on a plate. I want to be the iron chef." Mom replied.

"Well, sweetie, there is a very low chance that could happen." I said. "I can't come to Friday dinner aswell, I have plans."

"You kinda said that like it was a known fact. You need permission from moi, your mother and other wise known as, your owner." She said.

"Well, me and Tristan already made plans and because you're my mother and I love you so very much, I thought you'd be okay with it." I said.

"Well, do you know how much Emily Gilmore would not care about your little dinner plans?" My mom said.

"I was wondering if you could tell her." I said.

"Hmm, well. Lets see 'Hi Mom' 'Hi Lorelai' 'Hilary can't come to dinner on Friday' 'She is, you must be confused' 'I'm not' 'You must be-

"Just forget it!" I said to my mom.

I walked over to my room as she spoke to my grandmother.

__

"Hils? So unfortunately Grandma refuses to let you go on your little date with Tristan but, she said he can come for dinner at theirs." She said with jazz hands.

"You know, usually I'd be annoyed or somewhat angry, but I'm okay with it. How did you get her to come around? Especially after the birthday parties." I said.

"A little pull on the strings, saying you were going to take the bus to Hartford. Easy." She replied.

I hugged my mother as I started preparing my clothes for dinner. I wanted to try, this dinner. Normally a jean skirt and a polo shirt is the way I roll but with Tristan there, I have to dress like a woman. A real life woman.