3. The Case

Date: August 8th 1988,

Tom's POV: I arrived at work at 9:00 a.m. I really didn't feel like dealing with this shit today but it's my job. This case was so sad & disturbing. I almost asked to be pulled from it but I decided that I wanted to catch the scum who murdered this poor innocent girl. She was 16 years old, very beautiful. They didn't just murder her, they murdered her and threw her in a fuckin alley like she was trash. According to witnesses she worked at a club called Cherry Bomb.

It was a strip club and bar. I've never been there personally but I've heard about it. It was a very popular strip club, with high class, high quality dancers, so I've heard. This isn't my first time hearing that they hired underage girls to work there. What sick perverted individual hires children to take off their clothes and God knows what else? It made me sick to my stomach.

I walked in the station. Judy was sitting at her desk. We both are on this case, only she didn't get hired as a dancer but as a bartender. That gave me a little relief, I cared about her and didn't want to see her in that way. I was going in as a regular customer..

Tonight was going to be our first night there. I really wasn't up for it, I didn't like seeing women degrade themselves that way. Taking off their clothes, twisting, twirling, and bending over for what? Some drunk asshole to throw maybe $5 or $10 at them. I just didn't get the point but I guess sometimes you do what you have to and not what you want or need too. Judy walked over to my desk.

Judy: you ready for tonight?

I took a deep breathe.

Me: no, not really strip clubs aren't my thing.

Judy: mine either but just remember we are there to find out who killed that young girl and to find out who's hiring these girls.

Me: right, that's the only reason why I haven't asked Fuller to pull me out.

She touched my shoulders.

Judy: dont worry Hanson I'll be right there with you.

Me: thanks Jude.

Later that day, Fuller briefed us about tonight. Afterwards, I went home to eat and take a nap. We was scheduled to go to the club at 10 p.m. I wasn't ready but I had to get ready. It was now 10, I got dressed and headed to the club.

I arrived at the club, it was a packed as hell. I walked in, I looked over at the bar and I saw Judy, she smiled at me and continued doing what she was doing. I sat a table and ordered a beer. I looked around and I didn't like what I saw. These girls could be anything they wanted to be and yet they chose to be a stripper. Most of them were very pretty.

A few girls offered me dances but I declined. I just couldn't stand the thought of a underage girl dancing on me, it would make me feel like a pedophile. I just sat there watching and drinking my beer. After a few beers, I decided to throw a little money you know to make it look legit, I didn't wanna look like a creep, sitting in the corner staring and drinking.

I went to the bar to ask Judy has she heard anything but nothing. I went back to the table and sat down. It was going to be a long night.