Author Note

Hello, my Lovely Darlings.

      I have good and bad news for you.

      I know this particular story is and has been getting a lot of attention. I'm not entirely sure where all of you are coming from. My theory is that part of you are coming from TikTok where I pointed out my other story on here(Little Red), that I wanted more traction to go to. I said don't go to this one and go to the other one.... y'all took that as a fucking challenge and came here instead, which I respect. I now know, to use reverse psychology with the other one.

      Now... The Bad News.

      If it's not too clear on here, I'm not the most disciplined when it comes to writing and posting. 2015, 2018, and then 2023; I started this story when I was twenty-three. I am now two months away from turning thirty-one. So, it's an old story in my brain.

      As a writer, I am one of those that...well really just goes by the seat of my pants. I never plot or plan anything. I just write "scenes" that pop into my head. Then I learn to line up that chaos of separate "scenes" into a coherent story. I heavily blame the Adhd, mixed with writer's block.

      Blah Blah, yes, yes, the bad news... well, I don't see myself finishing this story.

      Why? Normally with stories I'm able to build the beginning and the end, first. The hard part is building the middle for me. This story started out as me writing down a fantasy I had. I never could clearly see the ending. I thought about ending it with the beauty and the beast method. Jonathan setting her free because he loves her but she comes back. That never really stuck.

      Because well.... Spoiler alert... he's kinda an alien. Yes, a vampire but a vampire alien. (I have a whole interconnected books universe that explains this.) It's why the sci-fi tag is on this. At some point in the story, I thought about turning it into more of a sci-fi adventure. Maybe some big bad alien guy becomes the antagonist of the story, I don't know. Then it would have taken away from the vibe of a billionaire fantasy. Truly there isn't really an antagonist to drive the story forward, which is what stumps me.

      See, it's hard for me to glue pieces together with this story, when nothing fits.

      Unless by the miracle of the universe, I somehow am able to find the right pieces, I just don't see that happening at the moment.

      Plus, as I mentioned earlier it is an old story in my mind, with outdated ideas. I have others that I would like to work on more.

      Now, The Good News.

      I have things already written down that I can share on here. I have part of chapter 4 done and at least one other scene that happens to be spicy. Now, I will post whatever I have. The catch here is that probably there will be things out of context. I'll put a note in the beginning to preface what's happening. Like I said, I write things out of order.

      I will try to finish Chapter 4 and clean up what I have but don't get your hopes up too much.

      Sincerely apologetic,

          Kitty Black