Chapter 3 - Desire

After that, they were mostly silent, but it wasn't the same uncomfortable silence as before

After that, they were mostly silent, but it wasn't the same uncomfortable silence as before. It was calm and comfortable. They chatted and commented on certain trivial things around them here and there. If either of them felt the urge to speak.

Klaire was even surprised that she got a roll of eel sushi. Her stomach almost hurt from hunger, but she knew she had to eat slowly.

Picking up a roll with her chopsticks she put it in her mouth and made a point to chew it slowly and swallow. In all honesty, her throat hurt from expanding to let the food pass. She set her chopsticks down to sit and wait. To see how her stomach took it.

Glancing up she saw his eyes gazing at her with concern, "Are you alright?"

He had an expensive plate of colorful sashimi in front of him. She nodded as her stomach made some noises, but she didn't feel nauseous, which was an improvement.

The night passed pleasantly, especially now that she had proper food in her stomach. He even noticed her eating discomfort. He ordered some green tea for her. She was definitely an avid coffee drinker, being from New York. Though her mother was a tea drinker, she wasn't opposed to tea like some people.

It was warm and earthy as she finished the whole cup, just what her throat needed.

As dinner came to a close a waitress came back with two take-out boxes, which was confusing since they had both finished. She gave him a look, but he just gave her a small suspicious smirk back. She'd normally grimace back at a look like that, but she could tell it was a playful smirk.

On the drive back to his apartment it was silent again, but the rain was still adamant about coming down. They were quiet the whole way up to the apartment too. Of course, there were points where she thought about running but she didn't want to get hurt.

Once locked in the apartment he seemed to be on autopilot. He sighed heavily and disappeared through the French double doors into his room.

Klaire stood in the middle of the living room, not knowing really what to do. Isis appeared at her feet and made a loud meow. She would have picked her up if he hadn't come back out half-naked.

She froze, her eyes going wide. He was incredibly attractive, too attractive. Especially in those tight, all-in-the-right places, unbuttoned dark wash jeans. She about burst into flames seeing the outline of his you-know-what. He was huge, almost inhumanly huge.

A generous dust of chest hair trailed down the middle of his washboard abs. Having a weakness for muscular veiny arms didn't help since he delivered on that too. His biceps seemed to have their own show and they were the best kind of entertainment. His muscular legs matched the rest of him, erotic.

He trailed barefoot into the kitchen and set a takeout box on the counter. Sighing, he looked up at her finally. Shock and realization spread over his face.